[iPad] Best skin for XBMC on iPad?
Nibbsy Wrote:OK I got it working. Didn't realise I had to tell xbmc to 'install add-on from zip'.

Using the skin now, but it doesn't seem any better to me than any others. Navigation is still sluggish on the ipad, and I can't work out how to scroll down long lists of files. There doesn't seem to be any scroll bars?

Maybe I'm missing something but PM3 still seems like the best skin for ipad.
Nibbsy,

Go check the skin settings menu, scrollbar is turned on in the skin/general menu.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
wyrm Wrote:Nibbsy,

Go check the skin settings menu, scrollbar is turned on in the skin/general menu.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Aha, thanks very much. Got it turned on now so will try it for a bit longer.
i'm trying to install it on ipad2, gor the following error: Dependecies not met Sad

Who can help?
I remember seeing some skin screens early on when the AT2 came out that really looked like they fit the AT2 interface, but I have not been able to see it since. Is that only for the AT2 or did I just dream this upHuh?
The skinning engine in XBMC has gone through some changes in recent builds, so as a safety feature (of sorts) skins that has not been updated/tested won't install from the add-on manager.

Some skins that are "blocked" will still work (at least mostly) if you manually install them, but proceed at your own risk. You can always delete guisettings.xml if you ge stuck, but don't expect much help from here if you are using an incompatible skin (that's what the individual skin sub forums are for)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=823821&postcount=2
vmsferreira Wrote:i'm trying to install it on ipad2, gor the following error: Dependecies not met Sad

Who can help?

+1 Trying to install Xtv from zip on the ipad2 and get the same error.

Anybody have any advice?
mcdannej Wrote:+1 Trying to install Xtv from zip on the ipad2 and get the same error.

Anybody have any advice?
mcdannej,

Answer to your question in xTV forums, go look there.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Bit of a bump with shameless self promotion Tongue http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=834846
And another bump because you can now download and test this in the link above its a skin for the iPAD in case you were wondering
Jezz_X Wrote:And another bump because you can now download and test this in the link above its a skin for the iPAD in case you were wondering

Freakin' awesome!
Jezz, I know you're not looking to support small screen devices, but this is the most usable skin I have ever used on the iPhone 4. I can easily hit all the buttons and navigate everywhere. The only thing lacking is the lack of "retina" support in XBMC. So it gives the HD-on-an-SD-screen effect that makes text hard to read. Even that doesn't prevent it from being quite usable for us small screen users, and it's not really a skin issue anyways.
Just got a chance to test this last night and I was blown away. For something you consider not finished, it is amazing. Definitely something I will keep on my iPad2
Thanks like I said in the other post the skin is about 40% finished but that 40% = 95% of what a user would actually use in day to day. Its all the extra stuff that takes the time Smile
love this skin on my ipad...even in this early state it should be at least installed by default on all builds in my opinion
Jezz_X-

Thanks for sharing this! It's really fantastic on the iPad 2, even in its unfinished state. I couldn't find a way to modify the home screen- is there a way to do that (even manually) so that only Movies, TV, & System are showing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] Best skin for XBMC on iPad?0