5.1 ACC Analog missing centre channel [Windows]
Hi,

Please excuse me if this topic has been covered, I tried searching and could not get a satisfactory answer. I have read about similar issues but they seem to be 12-18 months old and never really resolved.

I have my HTPC connected using analog connects to a 5.1 speaker system. No AV Receiver or anything in the middle. Just a cheap set of 5.1 speakers.
When I run a 5.1 encoded video through VLC, WMP etc I get all 5 channels (plus sub) without any issues.

When I try this through XBMC I get 4 channels and the centre channel seems missing. Has anyone had any similar issues to this and managed to resolve them?

Thanks
dangermoose Wrote:Hi,

Please excuse me if this topic has been covered, I tried searching and could not get a satisfactory answer. I have read about similar issues but they seem to be 12-18 months old and never really resolved.

I have my HTPC connected using analog connects to a 5.1 speaker system. No AV Receiver or anything in the middle. Just a cheap set of 5.1 speakers.
When I run a 5.1 encoded video through VLC, WMP etc I get all 5 channels (plus sub) without any issues.

When I try this through XBMC I get 4 channels and the centre channel seems missing. Has anyone had any similar issues to this and managed to resolve them?

Thanks

You might have done this, but I just need to double check! Have you enabled 5.1 speaker configuration in XBMC? You might have missed it.

In Settings_> System _> Audio Output_. Set "Speaker Configuration" to "5.1"

Regards,
EG.
Hehe, I wish it was so simple. It is indeed set to 5.1

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The sound coming out of the left and right speakers is only the surround channels. The centre channel (voice) is missing. Makes watching some of my girlfriends shows a little bit more bearable I suppose!
I have the same issue. Play 5.1 aac correct with VLC (as external player in XBMC) but XBMC own player, the center seems to come from the left speaker I'm not sure, but anyway it's playing wrong. Please help, this is the only issue i have with XBMC. I know nothing about XBMC så please an easy explanation :-)
Bump.
I had the same problem before and installing XBMC 10 fixed the issue. Are you running the latest version?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
ArieS Wrote:I had the same problem before and installing XBMC 10 fixed the issue. Are you running the latest version?
Running XBMC 10
Unfortunately I can't help as your issue is different to the one I encountered. I reset my sound device settings in Windows and this seemed to magically fix my XBMC issues. It was strange though as only XBMC was having issues with 5.1 content.

Might be worth a shot but I don't think it will help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 ACC Analog missing centre channel [Windows]0