[AppleTV2] Is there a tethered jailbreaking boot app for Linux or Windows?
I still haven't decided if i'm keeping my ATV2 or not mainly due to the netflix app not caching my progress like my old Roku box does. I got it yesterday and spent 5 or 6 hours on just unlocking the dumb thing do to horrible instructions (the whole 4.1.1 is iOs 4.2.1 is retarded) for both seasonpass and pwnage tool. I felt dumb after the 6th or 7th time i reinstalled custom firmware and realized that i had to have the thing tether boot each time you boot it. It was a real pain dragging my iMac into the living room for 30 secs of boot time. Installing XBMC was a breeze, just need to fix the 5.1 audio output over optical out.

Anyway, i have a HTPC in my living room that i would like to use to tether boot this stupid thing. It's dual booted to run both windows and linux. Is there an app for either of these OS's that i can use to tether boot this thing the next time my power goes out or if i need to unplug it for any reason?

I purchased this to replace my roku box and to use it instead of my HTPC when watching videos off my home server in order to save a little electricity. However i have not been pleased with the netflix app or i just don't know how to fully navigate it. So i may be returning it shortly. Which is a shame cause XBMC is running nice on it and i'm sure it will only get better.
Good question. I had to borrow a mac from a friend to use Seas0npass and it was a breeze. But now Im stuck if power goes out. Would like to know also if there is an app to do this. What about using a virtual machine to do the tether? Would you have to do the first steps to install the IPSW on the virtual machine or can you just run the tehter boot?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
umm... ya..
it is right in the first post of the thread "ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=tethered

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Is there a tethered jailbreaking boot app for Linux or Windows?0