HOW-TO add pre-Dharma skins to XBMC 10.0 (Dharma)
Many people trying to add the skins they love find they can't be added cause they don't have support for the latest versions of xbmc. While there's likely to be some issues like add-on support, the skins can be modified very easily to support dharma.

Basically, in older versions a file called "skin.xml" was what xbmc looked for to find the skin and now it's addon.xml. If you create this new file and properly set it up, it will be detectable as a skin and usable in newer versions of xbmc.

I have an example below of one I created for xtvSAF.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
     id="skin.xtvsaf"
     version="0.8.9.5"
     name="xtvSAF"
     provider-name="Wyrm">
     <extension
          point="xbmc.gui.skin"
          defaultresolution="pal"
          defaultresolutionwide="pal16x9"
          effectslowdown="1.00"
          debugging="false"/>
          <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
          <description>Wyrm's fork of xTV skin by Chi3f</description>
          <platform>all</platform>
     </extension>
</addon>

If your using a different skin provider name, description, version number don't really matter to get it working and can be left untouched but the id, name, defaultresolution and defaultresolutionwide parameters should be customized to match the skin. For the resolutions, just check out the skin.xml file that came with the skin and see what it is set to in there, it's usually pal or 720p. You may have have to tweak the effects slowdown speed too if you find skin animations too slow or fast.

As a final side note, xTV SAF is the best skin I've tried so far on the iPad since navigation is actually possible since it has automatic scrolling and runs fast. You should check out the skin settings since the movies/tv shows options on the home screen aren't set to go to library mode by default, but there's an option in there to turn it on so that's a minor problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO add pre-Dharma skins to XBMC 10.0 (Dharma)0