True Fullscreen (=pixelated) vs. Fullscreen Window (=smooth)
Win7 32-bit
XBMC Dharma
DG45FC + E5300 + Nvidia ION2 GT218 (266.58)

Hey I normally don't use the Windows build but I'm seeing fullscreen pixelation with "True Fullscreen" selected in preferences. If I change it to "Fullscreen Window" everything looks good. Same thing on default skin Confluence, Alaska Revisited below:

True Fullscreen

Fullscreen Window

Thanks!
live4ever Wrote:Win7 32-bit
XBMC Dharma
DG45FC + E5300 + Nvidia ION2 GT218 (266.58)

Hey I normally don't use the Windows build but I'm seeing fullscreen pixelation with "True Fullscreen" selected in preferences. If I change it to "Fullscreen Window" everything looks good. Same thing on default skin Confluence, Alaska Revisited below:

True Fullscreen

Fullscreen Window

Thanks!

Interesting! I am not sure if its to do with XBMC but I never spotted any difference on my HDTV when changing modes Maybe because I always sit far from the TV :-) I'll try it tonight Tongue

Btw are you using an LCD monitor by any chance or HDTV?

Regards,
EG.
46" Sony LCD - all text outside of XBMC scales and looks crisp. Only other thing I can think of is I've increased the DPI of the Desktop (to read the web browser from the couch) - I'll try putting that back to 100%.
live4ever Wrote:46" Sony LCD - all text outside of XBMC scales and looks crisp. Only other thing I can think of is I've increased the DPI of the Desktop (to read the web browser from the couch) - I'll try putting that back to 100%.

Yes, try that as I can't think of any reason that's causing this right now!

Regards,
EG.
I bet that's it (not at home to test at the moment):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=425856&postcount=3
Nope it's not the DPI (reset it to 100%) - same pixelation with true fullscreen. Any other things to check/try?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
True Fullscreen (=pixelated) vs. Fullscreen Window (=smooth)0