Won't load, can't find log.
I've recently installed XBMC 10.0 on my computer and everytime I try to bring it up it crashes. I don't see any screen at all, just a crash screen that says it encountered a problem and needs to close.

Specs are
XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3
AMD Athlon 1.10Ghz, 640MB of RAM
ATI Radeon 9250 Video card
Maxtor 200GB Hard drive

I DO NOT have this computer hooked to any network of any sort. It's a fresh install of XP as well as updated it to SP3. The only other things on it are DVD Decrypter, a couple other ones, VLC, my music, and some dvds.

I've made sure my video card drivers are up to date. I even tried to look at the xbmc.log file in Application Data/XBMC but the XBMC folder doesn't even exist in the Application Data folder. Does anybody have any ideas, suggestions?

I am quite good with computers so throw any thoughts you may have out there. Thanks and I appreciate it.
KWfarmer Wrote:I've recently installed XBMC 10.0 on my computer and everytime I try to bring it up it crashes. I don't see any screen at all, just a crash screen that says it encountered a problem and needs to close.

Specs are
XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3
AMD Athlon 1.10Ghz, 640MB of RAM
ATI Radeon 9250 Video card
Maxtor 200GB Hard drive

I DO NOT have this computer hooked to any network of any sort. It's a fresh install of XP as well as updated it to SP3. The only other things on it are DVD Decrypter, a couple other ones, VLC, my music, and some dvds.

I've made sure my video card drivers are up to date. I even tried to look at the xbmc.log file in Application Data/XBMC but the XBMC folder doesn't even exist in the Application Data folder. Does anybody have any ideas, suggestions?

I am quite good with computers so throw any thoughts you may have out there. Thanks and I appreciate it.

Do you know what type of error you get? Or what does the error say?

Regards,
EG.
It shows the standard Windows error. XBMC has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Going into details it shows the different modules and then a whole series of hex code.
I popped in a wireless card out of another one of the computers in the house and am currently downloading all of the Windows Updates to see if that may fix my problem.

Also just downloaded, installed, and tried to run XBMC RC2. Still no go, and still no log. Internet is up and working as well so I know that's not the issue. May try swapping video cards from the other XP box and see if that takes care of the issue here in a little bit.
Tried my ATI Radeon 9600 SE card from my other XP box in here (I know xbmc works with this card on my other box, I tried it) and it is still a no go. So I must be missing something.

Also have all updates done to Windows as well now.
Anybody?? Please help!!
Suprised nobody picked this up, but after doing some searching and using EVEREST Home Edition, I found out I have an old AMD Athlon that doesn't support IA SSE, therefore XBMC will not work on this system. Oh well, guess I just need to do some hard drive swaps and windows reinstalls to the different systems. No biggie, just will take some time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Won't load, can't find log.0