Moving movies to a different harddrive?
Hi,

Do I have to rescan if I move the movies to a new harddrive, or is there some trick I can do to avoid it?
Gs_Aas Wrote:Hi,

Do I have to rescan if I move the movies to a new harddrive, or is there some trick I can do to avoid it?

for example if your old hard drive was assigned as "E:" then all you have to do is assign the new drive as "E:" then you will not have to rescan your media.

If you still use the old drive just change its letter to anything else so that you can assign the new harddisk as "E:" as per example above.

you can do all that in "computer management", just search for computer management in windows start menu search field. Then in the "computer management" window, on the left hand side under storage select "Disk management"

Right click on the hard drive you want to change its letter and select "Change drive letter and paths" then its pretty straightforward from there.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:for example if your old hard drive was assigned as "E:" then all you have to do is assign the new drive as "E:" then you will not have to rescan your media.

If you still use the old drive just change its letter to anything else so that you can assign the new harddisk as "E:" as per example above.

you can do all that in "computer management", just search for computer management in windows start menu search field. Then in the "computer management" window, on the left hand side under storage select "Disk management"

Right click on the hard drive you want to change its letter and select "Change drive letter and paths" then its pretty straightforward from there.

Cheers,
EG.

Offcourse! Thank you so much
You are most welcome.

Cheers,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving movies to a different harddrive?0