[AppleTV2] MakeMKV Blu-ray plugin on ATV2?
im completely new to all of this.. and i want to be able to watch my blueray .iso on my apple tv.. i read this forum that says i have to install MakeMKV ...so i download the zip file and now i put into the Home folder(/var/mobile) in the apple tv via cyber duck...
then when i try to install it on XBMC it says failed.. what am i doing wrong? :/ im getting really frustrated

please and thank you
From my understanding image files (.iso) are yet supported on this version

Im guessing your device is jailbroken and XBMC actually starts?
I thought MakeMKV is used to rip bluray movies. I don't think it's a software that runs in XBMC.

XBMC generally has the ability to run ISO formats. But the current release of XBMC of IOS has that functionality disabled anyways.

Anyways, you probably want to stay away from putting anything in the native Apple file structure/folders. For XBMC to recognize things, you'll have to drop it in areas where XBMC can read.

To echo jok3r's question, your ATV2 is jailbroken and XBMC is installed and running?
I am wondering if this is going to be possible at all with this branch of XBMC.. it takes a lot of resources to mount an iso and stream it (especially a high bitrate), idk if the apple tv is up to the challenge... We shall see once more code gets commited after most of the base code is fixed..
Mamba4590 Wrote:im completely new to all of this.. and i want to be able to watch my blueray .iso on my apple tv.. i read this forum that says i have to install MakeMKV ...so i download the zip file and now i put into the Home folder(/var/mobile) in the apple tv via cyber duck...
then when i try to install it on XBMC it says failed.. what am i doing wrong? :/ im getting really frustrated

please and thank you

ISO is currently not supported, this is easy.

Regarding MakeMKV: MakeMKV is for ripping Blu-Ray and DVD. It runs on Windows, OS X and Linux, you won't be able to run it on the Apple TV, so definitely don't put the zip on the ATV's home folder. XBMC has nothing to do with MakeMKV.

You might wanna install MakeMKV on your actual laptop/desktop, mount the iso and use MakeMKV (or Handbrake) to convert the movie to e.g. and MKV file.

Update: I re-read the thread title: MakeMKV is definitely not a plug-in.

I really don't wanna sound as a know-it-all: please read the sticky post about XBMC on iOS and also make sure that you read MakeMKV's site what it can do etc. You can get up-to-speed really fast (I mean it, no irony or joking).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] MakeMKV Blu-ray plugin on ATV2?0