HTPC/Media Server combo
I have 4 2TB Drivers in my machine, but i'm really tired of this switching monitors to watch my movies and i want to put them in unexpensive HTPC. The reaseon i'm doing this is because when i start the XBMC on the second monitor in fullscreen if i click somewhere on the main monitor the XBMC is being minimized. If somebody know solution for this issue i will probably skip the building of HTPC.

So for now i will use GF210 for video card. What do you recomend for cheap CPU and case which is not extremely big with 4x3.5", good ventilation and silenter as possible?
It will be Windows 7 machine.
you can try an application called ULTRAMON,
its a utility designed to unlock the full potential of multiple monitors!

you can create shortcuts that open programs on a specific monitor or at a specific position.

peace
eskro Wrote:you can try an application called ULTRAMON,
its a utility designed to unlock the full potential of multiple monitors!

peace

Its not a solution. the only good thing about ultramon is that you can make a shortcut of XBMC to start on the second monitor. But still when XBMC is on fullscreen on the second monitor if i click somewhere on the first monitor XBMC goes minimized. I can't use my primary monitor if xbmc is in true fullscreen mode on the second one...
so you tired UltraMon at least?

and what about false fullscreen?
eskro Wrote:so you tired UltraMon at least?

and what about false fullscreen?

I've tried it. I dont like the playback on false fullscreen and i cant use 24p playback too (which i really like).
im running in False Fullscreen but i use MPC-HC as External Player though....

and i has an issue to that is not resolvable....

like when i close MPC-HC after the movies finished,

before XBMC pops up again, in a split second, i can see the desktop...
I dont want to use a external player, so lets go back to CPU and case choices for HTPC/Media server combo Smile

Any advices?
your from UK or USA?

and do you want appliance feeling pc case?

or regular tower?
Neither, i'm from Bulgaria but i can order from any store in UK or US but from US i have a 20% custom fees which kills the better prices from newegg, tigeerdirect, zipzoom fly, fatwallet and slickdeals deals and etc... So UK is faster and basicly the same price like US considering the custom fees which i dont have to pay if I order from UK because of the EU.

For the case - i want the smallest option with 3 or 4 x3.5" internal bays. inexpencive and silent is good too Smile

CPU - what is the lowest i can use for a windows 7 based machine with xbmc. 1080p playback is required.

GPU - i gues fanless gf210 will do the work?
start with this CPU
[cpu] Athlon X2 3.0GHz AM3 65W (£47 + Free Shipping) http://ow.ly/1s0arh

and this Video Card plays any 1080P movies + 3D movies + any HD audio!!
[gpu] ASUS GT430 1GB DDR3 128-bit Low Profile (£59 + Free Shipping) http://ow.ly/1s0asw
Ok, anything on the case?
nMEDIAPC 6000B, but i cant find a place where you can buy it,,,,
then if not, you can buy this one SilverStone LC10B-E Buy Now
thanks! This silverstone looks perfect!
[psu] Corsair CMPSU-430CX 430W (£36 + Free Shipping) http://ow.ly/1s0auR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC/Media Server combo0