[AppleTV2] Intermittent crash on launch
Intermittently the XBMC loading screen drops back to the Apple TV main menu, a second launch is always successful.

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter seems to be empty, should I look elsewhere?

When it does run it seems to work fine, played a full 720p H264 MKV from an Airport Extreme drive with no problems at all.
I wonder if XBMC sleep is the culprit?

I occasionally have this issue as well. Like you said, the second launch is always successful. I have my XBMC set to automatically quit if left idling for an hour. I wonder if XBMC gets put into a weird state when it is set to automatically quits? And then fails to launch the first time as a result.

Anyone else have this issue?

Here's the path to the XBMC logfile:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log
dazex Wrote:I wonder if XBMC sleep is the culprit?

I occasionally have this issue as well. Like you said, the second launch is always successful. I have my XBMC set to automatically quit if left idling for an hour. I wonder if XBMC gets put into a weird state when it is set to automatically quits? And then fails to launch the first time as a result.

Anyone else have this issue?

Here's the path to the XBMC logfile:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log

Thanks for log path, result below but I don't think very useful as from timestamp I think it's when I manually quit the app.

Code:
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10015 from the window manager when it didn't exist
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10016 from the window manager when it didn't exist
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10017 from the window manager when it didn't exist
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10018 from the window manager when it didn't exist
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10019 from the window manager when it didn't exist
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10107 from the window manager when it didn't exist
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10115 from the window manager when it didn't exist
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10104 from the window manager when it didn't exist
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864  NOTICE: unload sections
22:23:07 T:140775424 M:104484864  NOTICE: application stopped...
Yep, same problem.
Second launch is alway a good one.

ATV2 FW 4.1 jailbroken with pwnagetool (the day it came out).
For the record I'm using ATV2 FW 4.1 jailbroken with seas0npass
I have the opposite problem where XBMC crashes when I 'Exit' the program and causes my ATV2 to reboot.

I then have to JB again using seas0npass.
Same issue, second boot is always fine. JB with Seas0n pass
same here!
yep happens to me too
Right next step is to get this as a confirmed bug, not sure what I can do to help with this.
RoarinRow Wrote:I have the opposite problem where XBMC crashes when I 'Exit' the program and causes my ATV2 to reboot.

I then have to JB again using seas0npass.

I hope not a complete jailbreak, because the tethered boot is fine when you restart the device.
This means when you get the forever returning apple logo you need to do a tethered boot as stated by FireCore: http://support.firecore.com/entries/3876...seas0npass (goto: "Using Seas0nPass for a 'tethered boot'")

For the record, I too am experiencing the issue.
I allmost always need to start XBMC twice because the first one hangs.

I'm using the latest SeasonPass 0.6.8
yep get the same issue, didnt think much of it as always starts on the second time, first time doesnt even show logo. Pwnagetool and 4.1 here
Running since XBMP
yeah i have the same problem as well (seas0npass)

also when it reboots that second time i sometimes lose the TV SHOWS menu bar, and then if you click movies it will bring you to the internet videos

it resets back to normal when you go in and out of XBMC though (avoiding the sleeeeeeep

its just a little glitchy
Just to add to this (I'm at work and only just noticed this this morning or else I'd be tail -f'ing a log file right now trying to debug it), but the ATV frontend resets itself when this occurs, too. As in, the sleep time setting of the Apple frontend (sorry, haven't been paying enough attention to see what this is being called by everyone) defaults back to "Never" (that's what I immediately noticed at least when I awoke this morning to my ATV still being on).

This could actually be an issue with the jailbreak itself, come to think of it...
WiteRabit Wrote:Just to add to this (I'm at work and only just noticed this this morning or else I'd be tail -f'ing a log file right now trying to debug it), but the ATV frontend resets itself when this occurs, too. As in, the sleep time setting of the Apple frontend (sorry, haven't been paying enough attention to see what this is being called by everyone) defaults back to "Never" (that's what I immediately noticed at least when I awoke this morning to my ATV still being on).

This could actually be an issue with the jailbreak itself, come to think of it...

Sleep timer reset to never is a known bug, see the sticky thread for bugs.

Frontend seems to reset here too, not sure if logo comes up for xbmc first as never watched screen, just looked up and back at ATV front end.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Intermittent crash on launch0