OSD Won't Go Away
Starting from today, if I move my cursor on screen such that the OSD displays whilst playing a title, it doesn't then go away as it used to after 5 seconds or so. Is there anything I can do about this?
No one?
Hit ESC ?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Well, I can right-click out of it, but what interests me is why the OSD has stopped disappearing itself like it used to.
There have been a few posts reporting the the OSD doesn't disappear, but as far as I can remember this is the first report that it was disappearing and has stopped.

Did anything change on your system? An operating system update, or any change to the XBMC settings? If you temporarily rename your profile folder and start XBMC with a new profile does the problem go away?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:There have been a few posts reporting the the OSD doesn't disappear, but as far as I can remember this is the first report that it was disappearing and has stopped.

Did anything change on your system? An operating system update, or any change to the XBMC settings? If you temporarily rename your profile folder and start XBMC with a new profile does the problem go away?

JR

I have recently upgraded my graphics card, but the OSD was operating normally thereafter. The only change I made to the system was to activate v-sync and interlacing modes, but again I'm quite sure that everything worked fine after doing so.

How do I rename my profile folder and start with a new profile?
I've done a complete new reinstall, making sure to delete everything xbmc-related from my system, and the issue persists. It's a real puzzler.
Does the mouse cursor disappear after 5 seconds but the OSD stays up, or do both stay up?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The only time the OSD dissappears for me is when I move the mouse cursor to a different monitor or use escape. But on my other PC's (single monitor), the OSD and the mouse cursor does not hide unless I hit escape.
Okay, I'm having the exact same issue and it's driving me nuts. It had been working perfectly fine - Move mouse and OSD appears, then it would disappear after a few seconds if the mouse didn't move.

Not the OSD refuses to go away. Even more annoying, even if I right-click to make it go away, the mouse pointer arrow is still on the screen and refuses to fade away. So I have to move the mouse off to the bottom of the screen and then right click to make the OSD go away and not have the mouse pointer showing.

Anyone know what I can try to fix this? I don't recall changing anything on my system.
I just started a thread reporting exactly the same problem. Mouse and OSD won't go away, mouse not at all, have to put it out of the screen.

Reference this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95049

So it's not ony me or my mouse with that issue.
In response to pecinko, most remotes dont have an ESC button. Also a lot of people seem to think right clicking on the mouse is the answer. When I right click anything on KODI it takes me to the last page I was on, W.T.F am I the only one this happens to?Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD Won't Go Away0