import playcount and last played from last.fm (or itunes)?
So, I recently switched to xbmc and that's probably one of the best decisions I've made recently.

One of the things I really like in the music section is that it will give you a decent amount of power to set up smartlists. My problem is that a lot of the smartlists I want to build would be based on playcount and/or last played, but of course, all this data is kind of empty since I've only been using xbmc for a few weeks.

That's really too bad because this info is available somewhere else online: I've been using last.fm for almost 6 years, and with over 85,000 songs listened to, I think it has a pretty accurate picture of my listening habits.

Of course, the question is: is there a way to import that info into xbmc. I know it's possible because there's a program that does that for itunes. Which also means that if there's a way of importing that info from itunes, that would work for me too.

In fact, if there was a program/addon that synced that data between xbmc and itunes, that'd be ideal (that way, smartlists on my iPhone would be updated based on what I listen via xbmc).

Possible? Not possible?
No one, really? Maybe I'm in the wrong section of the forum and should post this as a plug-in request? (does look to me that the synchronizer here would be an external tool though).

If it's not possible then, I'm just curious though: how do people who have kept track of a long music listening history transition to xbmc? Do you just reset the counter to zero and start rebuilding your top 100 and whatnot from scratch?
Do not think any of this is implemented in any addon, but it's really a great idea.
Adeiko Wrote:Do not think any of this is implemented in any addon, but it's really a great idea.

Maybe I should just put in a request for a "last.fm-xbmc sync add-on" then?
This is such a good idea. Have anyone seen a solution to this one? Would love if my Top 100 in XBMC would be synced with last.fm.
I've done the same with Winamp years ago - that was a simple Perl script that downloaded my play history from Last.FM and then wrote an Itunes database (which Winamp was able to import).

Sounds like a neat idea though (hmm, can you write directly to the MyMusic.db file? - I know how to access the Last.FM API using PHP, I know how to access the XBMC SQLite databases using PHP, the weather outside is looking awful this weekend.... A command line script on Linux should be possible...)
If you like living life on the edge, the first version of my transfer script is at

https://github.com/kevjs1982/lastfm-to-xbmc

It's not fully tested, you use it at your own risk, etc etc....

Still downloading my library from Last Fm - only got to 2009 at the moment and have only tried synching on my windows box (which has a partial music library inside XBMC).

Designed to allow frequent syncs to keep topping the XBMC one up.

If your MyMusic file does get trashed then there should be a backup inside the data folder, but I would strongly suggest you make your own first!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
import playcount and last played from last.fm (or itunes)?0