XBMC + Macbook + Samsung LED TV
Hello everyone. Laugh
I've been using xbmc for some time and it's great, the only player I've used who manages to play a 1080p mkv file with FLAC audio without lag or quality reduce.
So, I'm really satisfied with xbmc and I want to use it to stream content to my new Samsung LED TV, it's a 5 series with Ethernet. I've been using DLNA servers like TVMobili, Serviio, Medialink, but none of them seem to really work the way I want.

I've been looking at this section of the forum hoping I'd find a solution for what I want, if there's any.
I'd like to use xbmc as a DLNA or UPNP server that my TV can recognize. I'm using the latest version of xbmc, Snow Leopard and a late 2009 macbook. I tried to modify some options at the Network options of xbmc, but my TV can't find it. What would be the correct procedure? And... Is there any way I can make the xbmc interface appear on my TV (just like when I'm on the mac) without having to plug the macbook into the it?

Sorry for being so long! Thank you!
Hi ninquewylia,

Have you been succesfull in finding a solution? I would be interested to hear about it.
I just bought a samsung DLNA tv and connected it to my network. Till now I have been able to push audio and video from my laptop to my TV by wifi, using windows media player 12. I now want to see if it is possible to push internet video files (like youtube or the dutch uitzendinggemist.nl) to my tv. XBMC is able to play uitzendinggemist as an addon, so I feel I am almost there.
Is it possible to push media files from a pc with xbmc to a tv with dlna?

Kind regards, Rutger
Hi.

I have Samsung LED-tv and a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.6. Just installed XBMC and it seems nice. As usual the tv can´t find XBMC. Anyone found a solution? I have EyeTV Sat installed on my Mac and the tv finds that one. Enables me to play music I have in iTunes.
I think the problem is related to the unbelievable fact that Samsung only has their Allshare thing made for Windows, as if Mac is a fringe-phenomena used by only a small group of weird people. The wifi connectivity between Samsung and Mac has been a problem for several years now and Samsung knows about it. Problem is they don´t give a s**t. On other forums they refer to third party programs that seldom work.
Would be very nice if there was a solution.
Baraldi Wrote:Hi.

I have Samsung LED-tv and a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.6. Just installed XBMC and it seems nice. As usual the tv can´t find XBMC. Anyone found a solution? I have EyeTV Sat installed on my Mac and the tv finds that one. Enables me to play music I have in iTunes.
I think the problem is related to the unbelievable fact that Samsung only has their Allshare thing made for Windows, as if Mac is a fringe-phenomena used by only a small group of weird people. The wifi connectivity between Samsung and Mac has been a problem for several years now and Samsung knows about it. Problem is they don´t give a s**t. On other forums they refer to third party programs that seldom work.
Would be very nice if there was a solution.

I don't know what "As usual the tv can´t find XBMC" means. The TV is connected as an external display, osx should show it and then you have about 15 different ways to setup things.
davilla Wrote:I don't know what "As usual the tv can´t find XBMC" means. The TV is connected as an external display, osx should show it and then you have about 15 different ways to setup things.

What I mean is this.
Samsung has a software called PC Share Manager which only works with PC. They don´t support Mac for some strange reason. If you have a Mac and want to stream the content on your computer to your tv you have to find some other software that can connect to your Samsung tv.
I have tried several such softwares, for example Serviio. It seems to work for some and for others not. Since the tv does´nt recognize or find the Mac on the wifi XBMC is not working for me.
Yesterday however I managed to find something that does work, tvmobili.
I have been on several forums where people are in my situation and all Samsung says is that they don´t support Mac. That´s it.
It´s too bad that in my case I can´t use the XBMC because I liked it. Worked instantly and everything is in the same place, movies and music and I liked the interface.
I can´t realy quit the idea of making xbmc work with my setup.
Davilla, you said that there are many ways to do this. Can you describe in an easy step-by-step way how to do this and what one needs?
In my case the hardware is a MacBook Pro 17", a wifi-router and a Samsung LED-tv.
I think others would appreciate this.
Thanks
I have a similar configuration as Baraldi above, Samsung LCD TV that has DLNE capability, Macbook Pro with xbmc 11 installed. I also installed a remote app and was able to play content on macbook using the remote, Is there anyway to play the same content on to the tv directly through wifi or DLNE instead of directly connecting it through a HDMI/DisplayPort/Thunderbolt port ?
no.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + Macbook + Samsung LED TV0