refocus homescreen slideshow
Hi all.

I like when I return to the homescreen there is a different back drop. However I would prefer it did not change every few seconds, as its very distracting.

Is there a way to just have it change the picture each time the home screen is returned to but not swing about all the time?
garyi Wrote:I like when I return to the homescreen there is a different back drop. However I would prefer it did not change every few seconds, as its very distracting.

Is there a way to just have it change the picture each time the home screen is returned to but not swing about all the time?
This thread talks about the transition times (Home page fanart transition time). But I think you're asking for an onfocus command or something so the homescreen changes only when it comes into focus. Not sure how to do it.
garyi Wrote:Is there a way to just have it change the picture each time the home screen is returned to but not swing about all the time?

No, this is not possible unfortunately. so testmetest´s link is the next best thing.
It seems daft top open a thread for these questions.

How is the fanart chosen for the slideshow on the homescreen? Is it chosen at random from the fanart directory or does it cycle through the jpgs in file order?

Also would there be a way for a script to download extra fanart so that for a show like house you could have 4 or 5 jpegs in rotation on the home screen and your favorite one as the background for the shows page. An extension of this would be the ability to nominate an arbrity number of fanarts to be backgrounds for a show and have them cycle like the current home screen slide show.
I under stand if this is outside the remit of the skin once i'm finished with uni i might hack some of this together anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
refocus homescreen slideshow0