[WIP] [THEME] Caelatum (Embossed Brushed Steel)
WheresWaldo Wrote:@Juanflaco & other testers.

I am thinking about changing the default icons just a bit. The ones that are essentially round I will keep the gradient angle fill but others remove it and make them more flat. Here is an example, tell me what you think:

Filled vs. Unfilled:
Image Image

What will be in the final version? Because i really like a darker solid look for the icons. Will we be able to change them ourselves?
Eoghlear Wrote:What will be in the final version? Because i really like a darker solid look for the icons. Will we be able to change them ourselves?

I went with filled in for most of them, although I did change some of the fills to linear rather than angle. Please note that most of the default icons are rarely seen once Alaska is set up. If you want to use your own icons select Icon View rather than either of the two list views. With Icon view you can specify a complete set of new icons for the home screen. This theme is already included in the most recent Alaska.Revisited updates.
I must be doing something wrong since i can't get it to work.
I replaced the files in the corresponding folders.

Then selected horizontal menu. It show coloured icons, nothing close to resembling your screenshots. Need to do anything else?
Eoghlear Wrote:I must be doing something wrong since i can't get it to work.
I replaced the files in the corresponding folders.

Then selected horizontal menu. It show coloured icons, nothing close to resembling your screenshots. Need to do anything else?

You need both files and they must be named the same, so Caelatum.xml must be in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/colors and Caelatum.xbt must be in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/media. But Hitcher has already included this in a recent update so if you are up to date with Alaska Revisited then it will be there already. Also make sure you are not selecting Use Custom Icons in the Skin Settings.

BTW, the above directories are for Linux users, if you are running xbmc on Windows 7 it is in something like /Users/username/AppData/Roaming/xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisted/... Although I am a 100% Windows person, I run all my xbmc instances on Linux so I don't know where the skin is located in other versions of Windows.

If you are trying to use this with Alaska Mod or with the original Alaska I don't think it will work!
Replaced the ones that were already there.
Using revisited on ubuntu 10.04

Will check once home again and report.

Thanks
Looks like a solid theme thus far Big Grin

I absolutely love Alaska Revisited!
Hey, the OSD display is still not fixed. I noticed someone mentioning this in another thread aswell so I thought I'll add the problem description here, see below for image:

odt_x Wrote:Hey, the OSD display is still not fixed. I noticed someone mentioning this in another thread aswell so I thought I'll add the problem description here, see below for image:
I will look at it and post a new file for Hitcher to include, I personally don't use this theme and when I tested it I used a movie with a different aspect ratio so the OSD was completely within the black bars, sorry. Will try to get it done by Sunday night EST.
Link in first post now points to a slightly modified version of the colors that removed most, but not all of the transparency in the OSD. I think this will take care of the issue, let me know.
A second file that makes the OSD more "Silver-like" is posted here, please rename it Caelatum.xml and place it in the correct colors folder.

Caelatum-silver.xml

Let me know which one is preferred and I will ask Hitcher to update my theme.
WheresWaldo - you mentioned in your first post that you would make the PSD available. Can you please post it?

thx!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:WheresWaldo - you mentioned in your first post that you would make the PSD available. Can you please post it?

thx!

First and second post updated with links.
Thumbs Up 
thank you sir Big Grin
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [THEME] Caelatum (Embossed Brushed Steel)0