Customizing Shift-key navigation
With the Confluence skin, when viewing the Music by Album and Thumbnail view, you get the CD cover and the name of the album under it. I've customized it to have instead on one line the Artist and on a second line the album name. I've chosen to sort the Albums by Artist name and having the Artist name displayed makes it easier to find an album a reckon.
Now the only problem left is that if I press for instance Shift-F, it goes to the first album name starting with an F. But since the albums are sorted by Artist name, it would be more logical to jump to the first Artist (and not Album) starting with an F. I've looked through all the skin files and the wiki but I couldn't find anything related to that. Is that something customizable in the skin or is it in the core of XBMC ?
That's core - sounds like it's currently using the label rather than the sortlabel.

Not sure which is best to be quite honest - probably the sort label, but the problem is that the sortlabel can often be not that obvious (as it's not displayed in the UI, and is often a composite of a bunch of things, some of which aren't user-friendly).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Should I submit a ticket for that ?
If you like - please cc me.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customizing Shift-key navigation0