profiles
Do profiles work with atv2?? I want to set up a kids profile but wanted to make sure that it could be done.

Has anyone set up a profile yet? If so where do you point the directory to? etc...
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Do profiles work?
has anyone got profiles working on atv2?
just checking to see if anyone got this working? I know there are some new releases. Anyone have profiles on their setup?
I've not had a look into this to be honest... If I get time later I will have a look into this for you. Have you attempted it?
Yep, works perfectly.
I have a 'Kids' and an 'Adults'-profile, and switch between them without any problem.

I used the location that XMBC suggested itself, which is under userdata/profiles
Did you simply follow this Wiki and from that everything worked fine?
- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profiles

I kind of like the idea of having a profile for Me where I can edit everything and make changes and mess around with things, but then a standard profile that I can also use, but as can my girlfriend plus any visitors that simply lets you watch movies and listen to music, but not do anything else.

I am guessing that is possible?
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
Following on from my post above, if I was wanting to have the standard profile to simply be able to play movies and films as I stated above I am guessing i would be best using the following option?

Shares with Default (Read Only) - Shares media sources with the default user, and is locked by the master code

This would mean in my (the master) profile I can do all the editing and adding/removing etc... but in the standard profile it would simply be able to use the information right? This would also in theory save space I guess too?
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
Yep, just follow the wiki and you'll get there Smile

I don't use passwords or anything, but I guess it should work just as you are saying.
Don't know about the space though, but if you think about it, yes, it should Smile
Ok got it working. Great.
I searched for “profiles” and this is one of the threads. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Please help with only Apple TV2 setup. No other components. I’m familiar with WinSCP.

I have “Adult” (with password lock) and “Family” (without password lock) for log-in screens…….both “Adult” and “Family” have same plugins except if I want to add adult plugins to “Adult”, then I encountered some setup problems….please help

For “Family”, I don’t have password lock for Videos and Programs, etc (XBMC main menu).

For “Family”, I have password lock for System (XBMC main menu) and Videos > Video Add-ons > Get More…

I installed one of the adult plugins (empflix), but it added empflix to both “Adult” and “Family” under Video Add-ons of list/thumbnail, etc on my TV screen.

My question / my goal: How can I install empflix only to“Adult” ?

I followed the wiki at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profiles

I attempted all Lock functions/Media Info/Media Sources per wiki page to no avail.

I tried the following per wiki page (it’s not working in my case), but I don’t think it’s applicable since the functionality of “add-on”

Quote:Configuring Scripts for Profiles
You have the ability to choose to display scripts on a per-profile basis, as well as globally. This functionality allows you to block other users from using scripts that contain objectionable material.
In order to use this functionality, simply place the scripts that you would like available to all users in the XBMC/Scripts folder. All per-user scripts should be placed in a /Scripts folder within the profile's data folder.
what I did is added the addon to my fav list and then locked the video section for my kids section (I actually hid it instead of locking it). and then you just tell your family to go to the fav icon and all your addons are there.
rflores2323 Wrote:what I did is added the addon to my fav list and then locked the video section for my kids section (I actually hid it instead of locking it). and then you just tell your family to go to the fav icon and all your addons are there.

Question:

To HIDE your video section for your kids section,

could you please provide some pointers for the changes such as which specific file path/directory on the Apple TV2 via WinSCP.

Thank you!

Note: For "Family", I tried lock video section and favorite icon/list is prompted for password unlock......please I need your pointers to HIDE video section.

EDIT: I unlocked video section for "Family" profile and hide video section via System > Settings > Skin > Home window options. Favorite icon/list is good to go. Thank you for the suggestion of favorite icon/list!

TIP: Click Menu button once on AppleRemote (anywhere on XBMC home screen) will also bring up Favorite List on right side of the screen.
UPDATE - NOT EXPECTED RESULTS: I hid Videos for "Family" and I set up Favorites Icon/List, but I can still get to adult plugins this way....go to Favorites Icon/List, click a plugin, first selection is two dots (for previous/go back) > Add-on Videos > I see adult plugins!! (expected results should be password lock). Note: "Get More..." option on this same screen is password lock as expected.
hi,

i've some trouble with this profiles thing. i just created two profiles, one for us, one for the children. when i open one of these, the settings that are set in system - system - video output - video calibration aren't saved any more. with one profile i didn't had that kind of problems.

Do you have similar problems?

By the way, i copied the hole userdata folder from my mac. could that be the problem? i hadn't any issues by now...

brc

edit: forget about it: just a problem with the permission. copied the whole userdata folder with root - not mobile. "chown mobile userdata/ -R" solved the problem!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
profiles0