AutoStart XBMC
Jaken Wrote:True.

However some of us don't ever want to use apples functionality. And autostart would also mean more "wife friendly" in case of a power loss.

I hear ya. I have XBMC running on an HTPC in my media room and XBMC starts automatically after bootup. So as long as the Control4 remote does what it's supposed to she's happy and I don't get the dreaded phone call wondering why the f'ing thing doesn't work.Smile

I understand the tethered jailbreak issue at the moment but that "should" be resolved soon.
I have 3 on iOS 4.0 jailbroken. Looking to buy 2 more...
jok3r Wrote:If your on firmware 4.2.1 (displayed as 4.1 on aTV2 (dont know why))
You are on tethered jailbreak.

You will only need to rejailbreak it, if you reboot, or turn off the device.
If you respring or put it into sleep mode, you do not require to do rejailbreak.

however there are the "monte" jailbreak method which can make 4.2.1 untethered.

Currently, if the device lost power, its very "unwife friendly" as it requires a mac or a VM of mac on a pc/laptop to rejailbreak it and load XBMC again

In saying this, a untethered jailbreak will be available in the future, as the past suggest in the iOS scene Smile

You don't need a mac or vm mac to do a tethered boot. And: what is the "monte" jailbreak ?
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
piotr Wrote:You don't need a mac or vm mac to do a tethered boot. And: what is the "monte" jailbreak ?

Monte (currently) uses developer-only 4.2 beta 3 firmware to untether the jailbreak so it doesn't need a computer to power on. To gain access to the 4.2 beta IPSW you need to pay the developer fee, and as the Dev Team are against piracy; they understand it's not the best solution. They've managed to port it back to use 4.1 IPSW now too, but are working on porting forward to 4.3 so that everyone will be able to untether come the new iOS release.

http://twitter.com/redsn0w_testers for updates on this jailbreak.
piotr Wrote:You don't need a mac or vm mac to do a tethered boot.

How are you jailbreaking and booting your device into Jailbreak mode?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AutoStart XBMC0