Adding TV Series
@sidewalksuper - lol, I was going to add those as well, but thought my post was getting long enough.

This is about movies - but it shows how to turn on library mode, just in case you don't have it turned on (looking at your 2nd to last post).

Then, when you hit escape 5 or 6 times, you'll be back at the starting screen. Scroll right or left, up or down (depending on your skin - what's your skin?), and find TV Shows - or Watch Your Videos, depending on skin. Then, you should see TV shows there.

If not, let's get on the same page - and get the log from you - here's how:

Switch to the confluence skin (default skin), enable debugging, and enable the debug addon so you can upload your log so we can see what's going on.

Here's how to do that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSfe1HMJO0o

Quick note - please follow that video. But do a couple of other things.

Afterwards, shut down XBMC and restart it (clears out the XBMC log).

Then, go to the TV Shows library, and turn off the library, and then right-click on the TV show and edit source.

Hit ok on the pop-up. On the upper-left make sure the tvdb is selected. Lower right, Run automated scan.

Hit ok (assuming you have multiple tv shows in that root folder.

Turn the library back on.

If still no tv shows, then use the XBMC Debug log to upload the log and paste the link back here.
Thanks for that. As I say, no problems with movies, no problems with music, no problems with pictures (graphic novels, in my case), it's just tv shows that leave me all at sea. Titles are found,but no content shows; wrong titles or versions are found, but I'm not allowed to refresh them to change them; picture art is all squashed up otherwise, unless I opt for wide icons, which I don't want, and if i then choose wide icons all the folders are empty.
Alright, here goes.
Get your TV Shows in a seperate folder like I suggested before, make sure the naming is on par. First try out maybe 1 folder inside the TV Show folder, with 2 iso's to test it out.

Then start XBMC and just use the Confluence skin for the moment.
Go to Videos
Remove the TV show source you added before first if you have anything setup at the moment.
Add Source
Browse
Select the TV show directory (for example C:\TV )
OK 2x
This directory contains: Set it to TV shows
The TVDB will be preselected on the right, leave that.
Only select run automated scan
Settings
In this screen I got Enable Fanart selected and prefer posters (prefer posters is the best option for the Aeon MQ2 skin which I normally use)
OK 2x

It will now start scanning your TV dir and adding the TV shows it can find.
Now you can also uncheck the box under Main menu -> Settings -> Skin -> Home window -> Hide TV shows to make the TV shows a seperate option in the Main Menu (just like with Movies)
Ok, this is the kind of response that drives Tech Support people crazy.

Since I'm not getting paid for helping you out, I'm going to be blunt.

Quit whining about what you've done already. Could care less.

Go get the logs.

Kaotician Wrote:Thanks for that. As I say, no problems with movies, no problems with music, no problems with pictures (graphic novels, in my case), it's just tv shows that leave me all at sea. Titles are found,but no content shows; wrong titles or versions are found, but I'm not allowed to refresh them to change them; picture art is all squashed up otherwise, unless I opt for wide icons, which I don't want, and if i then choose wide icons all the folders are empty.
steppedup Wrote:Ok, this is the kind of response that drives Tech Support people crazy.

Since I'm not getting paid for helping you out, I'm going to be blunt.

Quit whining about what you've done already. Could care less.

Go get the logs.

Let me be blunt to you too. Butt out. Nobody needs sanctimonious self-elected nobody's talking like their some kind of special case exception to good manners.
sidewalksuper Wrote:Alright, here goes.
Get your TV Shows in a seperate folder like I suggested before, make sure the naming is on par. First try out maybe 1 folder inside the TV Show folder, with 2 iso's to test it out.

Then start XBMC and just use the Confluence skin for the moment.
Go to Videos
Remove the TV show source you added before first if you have anything setup at the moment.
Add Source
Browse
Select the TV show directory (for example C:\TV )
OK 2x
This directory contains: Set it to TV shows
The TVDB will be preselected on the right, leave that.
Only select run automated scan
Settings
In this screen I got Enable Fanart selected and prefer posters (prefer posters is the best option for the Aeon MQ2 skin which I normally use)
OK 2x

It will now start scanning your TV dir and adding the TV shows it can find.
Now you can also uncheck the box under Main menu -> Settings -> Skin -> Home window -> Hide TV shows to make the TV shows a seperate option in the Main Menu (just like with Movies)

Thanks bud. Yep, that's exactly what I've been doing, but for the sake of testing I did exactly the same again, following your advice line-by-line. All that happens is a bunch, but not all, of wide icons appears, no content, no way to refresh inaccurate info. It's really odd, and I just can't figure it out.
Kaotician Wrote:Let me be blunt to you too. Butt out. Nobody needs sanctimonious self-elected nobody's talking like their some kind of special case exception to good manners.

Uh, yeah...good manners including listening and following advice that someone took time out of their day to write it down for you.

When you turn around and just repeat your problem without following the advice that was given to you, is the epitome of bad manners when dealing with someone who's giving you free tech support.

If you're not willing to get logs/ follow suggestions, then it's Tivo time for you.

Cheers and have a great day!
steppedup Wrote:Uh, yeah...good manners including listening and following advice that someone took time out of their day to write it down for you.

When you turn around and just repeat your problem without following the advice that was given to you, is the epitome of bad manners when dealing with someone who's giving you free tech support.

If you're not willing to get logs/ follow suggestions, then it's Tivo time for you.

Cheers and have a great day!

Go away Stepped. You spent ten times longer writing down an insult than any so-called 'advice', which if you understood how the xbmc logs worked at all would tell you that it isn't a programming issue at all in the first place.
Kaotician Wrote:Let me be blunt to you too. Butt out. Nobody needs sanctimonious self-elected nobody's talking like their some kind of special case exception to good manners.
Oh dear - not the type of response which is going to attract a lot of assistance from other users.

As steppedup has already pointed out to you - its past the 'I can't get it working stage' and time to move to troubleshooting and that means providing a debug log - not only has he told you how to do it, but also pointed you in the direction of a YouTube video.

I feel I also have to ask whether you even bothered reading the first link I provided, because not only is the instruction quite implict, but is highlighted in red.

I think the manner in which you have ripped your shows isn't helping the situation, but you have already explained the reasoning why. There are obviously ways to counteract that system and provide a usable library. However I would suggest it is not very common and you may have to hope that someone else comes along who rips in the same way you do and who has overcome the problem to give you advice on a resolution.

Do what is being asked and you are more likely to get the assistance you want. Good luck.

Kaotician Wrote:Go away Stepped. You spent ten times longer writing down an insult than any so-called 'advice', which if you understood how the xbmc logs worked at all would tell you that it isn't a programming issue at all in the first place.
Perhaps you might want to take a little time and understand what information is available in xbmc logs, they are not exclusively for programming issues. No
Using ISO files in the TV Shows shouldn't cause too much of an issue, as I have some files that are ISO, that contain several episodes, and I haven't got around to re-ripping.

Can't believe this has gone on for 3 pages though...
t2ffn Wrote:Using ISO files in the TV Shows shouldn't cause too much of an issue, as I have some files that are ISO, that contain several episodes, and I haven't got around to re-ripping.

Can't believe this has gone on for 3 pages though...
LOL I think we all agree on that point - so how do you name yours to ensure accurate scraping. Little point in agreeing that it shouldn't be an issue without offering your solution to the OP.
The naming structure given earlier in the thread works, as does mine:

TV Shows>Sopranos>Season 05>Sopranos S05E01-E02-E03.iso

I tended to scrape using the likes of Ember to begin with, and now Sickbeard handles it, but they all utilise the likes of TVDB so would wager they would all recognise the format.
Thanks very much to those who've volunteered their advice. I'm going to leave it for the rest of the day, and try again tomorrow.
Big Grin 
t2ffn Wrote:The naming structure given earlier in the thread works, as does mine:

TV Shows>Sopranos>Season 05>Sopranos S05E01-E02-E03.iso

I tended to scrape using the likes of Ember to begin with, and now Sickbeard handles it, but they all utilise the likes of TVDB so would wager they would all recognise the format.

Hah!! This one works for me, following a new install - at least so far on disc 1 (touch wood). Also, my OSD has now returned to its' normal behaviour ie menu drops down when mouse is active, and thereafter goes away again after 5 seconds or so. Thanks very much to all who took an interest in helping me out, it was really kind of you.
Hi, this is my first post. Been having the same problem trying to add tv series. Glad to see OP has been able to get a remedy. Maybe someone can walk me through a solution to my situation. I've been doing a lot of trial and error trying to get SEASON 1 of BIG LOVE into XBMC with appropriate info for episodes, etc. Is there a way I can post screen shots? Hopefully by viewing them someone can explain what I have set up wrong & if I can give you more info if needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding TV Series1