Adding TV Series
I'm trying to add my Twilight Zone Collection, and have named them as 'Twilight Zone The Definitive Collection Disc 1', then Disc 2 etc etc. I can see them showing in my Video - Files list, but they don't show up in my Movies file in Confluence. What am I doing wrong? Ideally, I'd like to be able to scroll to them like my other movies etc. For instance, I have The Shining TV series showing in there simply as 'The Shining', having named them Part 1, Part 2 etc, so as far as I can see I'm following the same rules but something's not working? Any advice gratefully received.
The only way I can get them to show is as Twilight Zone The Movie, which is no good, and the system doesn't let me edit the details at all.
You're intentionally trying to add TV shows to Movie section? Why?

Also, Disc 1, Disc 2 is not correct. TV shows need to be S01E01 etc for the scrapers to work.
The first thing you might want to try is identifying them as TV Shows - they aren't movies.

Have a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964 and here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...Library%29, both links should help you move in the right dierction.

Make sure your naming convention matches that of thetvdb, where the information is scraped from.
Well, I don't have a TV section, and also, my other tv shows like Rose Red, The Shining and numerous others have all added into the Movies section. Also, I've got them saved as .so rips ie full discs, so how would I utilise the naming convention for them? Thanks for those links, I'll take a read through.
I would have to say, because they have been incorrectly added to themoviedb (assuming that is where you have scraped this information. Neither are movies and therefore shouldn't imo be in there.

Unless you have a reason why you want to keep the files in .iso format, I would consider ripping them to individual episodes, this is the preferred format for scraping and will provide you with a list of seasons and episodes to choose - just like a menu. Try MakeMKV (rips to mkv format and individual episodes).
Thanks for your helpful advice Steelman. For me, I like having the disc structure too - don't know why, exactly, but I guess it keeps this to-me-unfamiliar process still looking familiar in some way. Also, I want to keep all the xtras like commentaries etc and found the .iso way the most straightforward.
Rename the iso to (for example)
Twilight Zone - S01E01E02E03E04 - The Definitive Collection Disc 1.iso

and then add them as tv show
Thanks for that naming guidance. If I have a folder added as 'TV Shows', can I just drop it in there? And will tvdb.com see it?
Get it sorted like this for example:
/content/TV Shows/Twilight Zone/Twilight Zone - S01E01E02E03E04 - The Definitive Collection Disc 1.iso
/content/Movies/Inception (2010)/Inception (2010).mkv

then add as seperate video source and set up the scraper of TheTVDB for the tv side.
It'll find your show and add it to the TV section of XBMC.
Thanks very much: this is probably a dumb question, but where's my tv section? I don't have one, it seems.
This is just ridiculous. Why such an obtuse menu? Having reinstalled everything, adding new menu branches like tv shows, I now find I can only get wide icons, and when i click on them there's no titles present, just an empty folder, yet when i add the tv shows to movies generally, they show up? A baffling and bizarre program, and I feel like giving up with it. Hours and hours and hours of my time going round and around and around.......
sidewalksuper Wrote:Get it sorted like this for example:
/content/TV Shows/Twilight Zone/Twilight Zone - S01E01E02E03E04 - The Definitive Collection Disc 1.iso
/content/Movies/Inception (2010)/Inception (2010).mkv

then add as seperate video source and set up the scraper of TheTVDB for the tv side.
It'll find your show and add it to the TV section of XBMC.
Sadly, this didn't work for me. When I open the folder in 'wide icon' view, there's nothing in there. The only way I can see the files added is simply in the files menu - and that's when I can navigate through the maze to find it in the first place.
Oh, I'm fed up with this. Why can't tv shows follow the convention for movies? Why do more than half my tv shows not show up as tv shows according to tvdb's scraper? Why are they just fine, including automatic stacking, when I put them in the movies folder? It's just bizarre. And why, when I'm offered the option of manually inputting info, am I then simply not allowed to if xbmc doesn't like it? ie rather than twilight zone the movie i put twilight zone the tv series, only to find i'm not allowed to? It's just all so pernickety trying to do anything other than what you're told to do with xbmc, it's like being stuck in a room with no doors with the teacher from hell.
Honestly you seem like you're just trying and fiddling with it all, without actually having read the wiki where it's all explained.

Watch these clips first to learn more... (they are older versions of XBMC but you get the idea)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-IJYfo78w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCx0XtWB37w

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding TV Series1