• 2(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
flaviosa Wrote:hi guys
I cant make the web interface working.

How can I do it?

Have you enabled it under settings ...
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Great build Smile

I can confirm it is now reading TBN files.
CrashX Wrote:Have you enabled it under settings ...

I think I did.

What is the option?
badjase Wrote:Great Build,

One thing I notice is that when holding down the menu button to bring up the power off buttons xbmc goes right to Atv mode with no buttons showing, or when moving to off button from the xbmc menu it does the same,

https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commit/5af6...827a727885

it was deliberately bypassed as hitting shutdown/reboot by mistake on 4.2.1 iOS/ATV2 would require untethered reboot. that would make a lot of people unhappy Smile
Will this work on the ipad?
scadden Wrote:Will this work on the ipad?

the thread is called "[AppleTV2] Unofficial build for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED"

my guess is No, it wont work, based just on the first 10 characters, thoughts? Smile
amet Wrote:the thread is called "[AppleTV2] Unofficial build for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED"

my guess is No, it wont work, based just on the first 10 characters, thoughts? Smile

Then why he added this in the description? :confused2:

FIXES INCLUDED SINCE RELEASE:

* Rotating (for the iphone/ipad build anyways)
Bomans Wrote:Then why he added this in the description? :confused2:

Cos he mentioned what has been fixed in atv2 branch but noted that it's only related to iPad/iPhone part anyway.

Title is very clear and instructions in the first post relate to frapp which again clearly indicates it's atv2 related, not sure why are you arguing this
Bomans Wrote:Then why he added this in the description?
:confused2:

I think amet and you are right... This thread is about ATV2 but the author release also an ios version.

But the iPad/iPhone package should be this one http://music.hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/X...012611.zip instead of this http://music.hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/X...012611.zip.

This package includes XBMC.app You should test on your iPad and tell results. The installation procedure should be different. Maybe with cyberduck or Filezilla... SFTP to your iPad/iPhone, go to go to your Application folder and change your XBMC.app for this one. Maybe you will need respring/restart later, i don't have an iPad to test sorry.

Regards,
Warrick.
gui is great now, alot faster..still having scraping crash issues.
abeljr Wrote:gui is great now, alot faster..still having scraping crash issues.

Yep, and some videos just crash the thing randomly too...
Bluecop's Hulu plug-in is working with this build! It took forever for the video to start after selecting it, but I'm currently watching a 720 episode of Family Guy with no issues. Watching Conan on the TBS plug-in stuttered a lot, though. I won't bother going into detail for the various plug-ins, but I thought I would let people know that the Hulu plug-in is working.
It is only smoother with the Confluence skin? Or if you install another skin it is also a little bit smoother?
Thanks for taking time to compile these mesuga.

And thanks to the team XBMC developers that may be reading for all the progress since the initial release.
badjase Wrote:Great Build,

One thing I notice is that when holding down the menu button to bring up the power off buttons xbmc goes right to Atv mode with no buttons showing, or when moving to off button from the xbmc menu it does the same,

I am not bothered about not seeing any power buttons to be honest as it still does the exact same job its meant to do.

1080p does seem alot smoother, although I cant test it fully because the resfresh rate on my tv is rubbish so panning seems slightly laggy on my tv,

Sleep timer is still set to never on exit,

All in all a really nice build with several really nice improvements.

Thanks

web server runs great, iphone xbmc remote works well when configured,

I could get TV Catchup (for uk) plugin working for first time due to RTMP being enabled but couldnt get BBC iPlayer plugin to work which I think uses RTMP,

Navigation seems a bit snappier,

I have Iplayer working you need to use the Iplayer2 plugin. tested with the bbc HD channel works great
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED2