• 7(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
SPlNeTe Wrote:I followed these instructions and all went well.

Thanks.

Couple of questions:
1) On the ATV2 version, is there any reason I can't use Cyberduck to copy the files over via SSH and the GUI, rather than unzipping via the Terminal? I'm not scared of the terminal, just wondered...

2) Can anyone confirm *where* the plugins go on the ATV build? I'm used to the directory structure on the Xbox version, but I tried copying them over to where I thought they should be and the plugin doesn't show up when I add a source. A quick confirmation of the location would be great - I'm assuming I just copy the unzipped plugin to a new folder in the plugin folder?

Thanks, hoping to get this new version installed tonight.
Ric
landwomble Wrote:Couple of questions:
1) On the ATV2 version, is there any reason I can't use Cyberduck to copy the files over via SSH and the GUI, rather than unzipping via the Terminal? I'm not scared of the terminal, just wondered...

Ric

No, I used Cyberduck and achieved the same goal.
Just use what you feel more confortable with Wink

melagodo
demminal Wrote:I have added to the photos section on my ATV2 xbmc and it displays the preview thumbnails but when you select a photo the screen is just blank, has anyone else had this issue.

but other than that it works great all music is there by album and movies and tv shows its just the photos section.

plus Iplayer2 plugin works great.

Added Pictures to the thread as 'needs testing'.
meshuga Wrote:Wait, not only do you have static w/ ac3 enabled you also have fast running video when its enabled?

guisettings.xml is at: /mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
just like before.

I do not believe the 'hdmi issue' which I assume you mean is the ac3 problem of static and 'fast running video (which only you have ever reported) and librmtp have anything to do with each other.

Yes, I have static w/ ac3 over hdmi enabled.

I should probably be more specific in that whenever I turn HDMI on as the sound output, regardless of channel number or AC3 being enabled, the iplayer streams run fast. When I set sound to analog, suddenly everything works as normal.

I looked in the usual path for guisettings and it isn't there anymore - i'll take another look tonight though.

Additionally, I don't believe I am the only person to report the video running fast on the iPlayer plugin. Please note normal video is fine.
nikc0069 Wrote:Yes, I have static w/ ac3 over hdmi enabled.

I looked in the usual path for guisettings and it isn't there anymore - i'll take another look tonight though.

As stated in this thread, plugins issues aren't going to be looked at until after atv2 gets merged into mainline since it's too much of a moving target. You can post a message in the plugin dev's thread in hopes he has an atv2 or just wait.

I don't know what the 'usual path' is, but this is the path that I've always used.

Static on HDMI audio could be a receiver problem. Have you disabled generate thumbnails? If so, please connect your HDMI cable directly to your TV and see what results you get. It sounds like your receiver isn't like the AppleTV handshake. Does it have static regardless of DTS and AC3 enabled?
iPlayer plugin questions :

I notice a couple of people here seem to have iPlayer working and wonder whether I am missing something obvious?

I downloaded IPlayer-v2.3.2.zip from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/ on ATV2 using wget command via SSH. In XBMC I used the 'install video addon' and 'from a zip file' options to successfully install the plugin.

However, the iplayer plugin just fails with a script error every time I try it.

Can any one with more experience suggest what may be wrong or let me know if this is even the correct version to use Wink

THANKS!

P.S I am running the 26th Jan XBMC build from this thread.
Rhythmbox Wrote:iPlayer plugin questions :

I notice a couple of people here seem to have iPlayer working and wonder whether I am missing something obvious?

I downloaded IPlayer-v2.3.2.zip from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/ on ATV2 using wget command via SSH. In XBMC I used the 'install video addon' and 'from a zip file' options to successfully install the plugin.

Can any one with more experience suggest what may be wrong or let me know if this is even the correct version to use Wink

THANKS!

I used the IPlayer-v2.3.2.zip version and extracted it to a folder called plugin.video.iplayer in addons and it works fine.

but as stated any bugs or issues with plugins will be ignored untill code is mainlined.
>but as stated any bugs or issues with plugins will be ignored untill code is mainlined.
Of course, thanks for confirming I wasn't doing anything stupid.
Rhythmbox Wrote:However, the iplayer plugin just fails with a script error every time I try it.

Try downloading "the hitcher" repo zip instead and downloading iplayer addon via that (after uninstalling the old version).

This resolved my iplayer issues.
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
landwomble Wrote:Couple of questions:

2) Can anyone confirm *where* the plugins go on the ATV build? I'm used to the directory structure on the Xbox version, but I tried copying them over to where I thought they should be and the plugin doesn't show up when I add a source. A quick confirmation of the location would be great - I'm assuming I just copy the unzipped plugin to a new folder in the plugin folder?

Ric

Hi. in relation to 2) I put them here /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons

This was for video plugins i.e. BBC iPlayer/TVCatchup
meshuga Wrote:As stated in this thread, plugins issues aren't going to be looked at until after atv2 gets merged into mainline since it's too much of a moving target. You can post a message in the plugin dev's thread in hopes he has an atv2 or just wait.

I don't know what the 'usual path' is, but this is the path that I've always used.

Static on HDMI audio could be a receiver problem. Have you disabled generate thumbnails? If so, please connect your HDMI cable directly to your TV and see what results you get. It sounds like your receiver isn't like the AppleTV handshake. Does it have static regardless of DTS and AC3 enabled?

Thanks, I only mentioned the iPlayer plugin in case it was related to the AC3, you never know! Big Grin

The "usual" path is the one that you quoted - sorry, I'm not as detailed as I'd like as I'm posting from work.

My hdmi goes directly to my tv, then, out of my TV's optical into the receiver. I'm going to try running optical straight to my receiver in case my tv is sending out PCM only, just in case. If that is the case then I've got an optical to coax converter on order so I'll just come straight out of the atv2.

Thanks for the help Smile
Rhythmbox Wrote:iPlayer plugin questions :

THANKS!

I initially had this problem. Download the zip file and unzip it on your computer. Then SSH the folder into /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons

You then need to change the folder name to plugin.video.iplayer otherwise it will not work.
is VOB supported? thanks
Doombelly Wrote:First of all thanks to all the people who made XBMC possible on ATV2.

I have installed this new build and everything went well. However i still have problems hearing dialog in various movies/tv-shows.

I hoped this "AC3/DTS Audio Dialogs" would have fixed my problems.

I am using HDMI under 4.1.1 Any ideas?

Hmm not sure why... but i just tried out putting in another HDMI cable and into another HDMI port. I got full sounds now... why this is i do not know. As the other HDMI PORT/CABLE works with every other kind of sound... Maybe its because i havent pulled out and replugged the HDMI on the back of the TV... (It stuck to the wall)

Anyway.. thanks for the input... and great work on the build.
meshuga Wrote:This is why I said this isn't for the non cmd line friendly. Smile

Good thing I have a faint heart and thick skull lol
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED2