• 10(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
Hey guys,
can't play this xvid (1080p). Video plays for about 2 secs stuttering, then it buffers.

Put media info here
http://pastie.org/pastes/1508449

I can upload part of it somewhere if needed! Thumbnails generation already disabled.

Cheers

melagodo
Here you can get the newest Version:

https://85.31.189.247/atv2/
user:xbmc
pw:atv2

including the Git-Hub Commit 043f8ca from 28. January 2011
Hi all,

I'm not Terminal commando but I worked out enough to jailbreak, install XBMC last week, then sort out Sickbeard and SABnzbd and install this build last night.

Having said that, I noticed that when I installed the build it over-wrote stuff I'd installed such as the reFocus skin and I had to redownload and reinstall via Transmit.

I'm wondering, is there a way to install subsequent un-official builds that doesn't wipe out the XBMC folder and replace it completely, or will I have to reinstall addons and skins every time I install a new build?

Not that it's a hardship, I only have that skin and the iPlayer addon! Wink
I have one other question - I read that thumbs worked properly now, and indeed in episode view where it grabs a screenshot to use those are now workeing where previously they seemed to be weirdly doubled up, but in the reFocus skin, when viewing the show list, pretty much every viewing option bar one uses extremely squished images where there's a 'dvd cover' shaped space for an image in the UI. It's worse if I turn off fanart.

The only view that works for me is the one that shows a background fanart image and then smaller foreground version of that image slides past as you select shows. Anything that incorporates any other size of image shows the squished image. I don't have banner views turned on.

I can individually manually set cover-style images that aren't all squished but it's a real faff. Anything I can do to fix?
I cant'd find the "Generate Thumbnail" Option. Where can I exactly find it?
galvanash Wrote:The addons and skins that are under that folder are distributed with XBMC, i.e. they are not custom data and they should not be altered if you want to keep your installation sane.

User installed addons and skins go in

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

There is really no reason to ever modify the files in the XBMC.frappliance folder. If you do, you will just make it more difficult to do updates.

owen-b,
It depends on where you uploaded and installed the custom addons. The post quoted above show the proper path on where it should go to prevent being overwritten by new XBMC update. Look for the addons folder and you'll notice any item downloaded through the addons interface of XBMC appear there. Thus, that is where you should put any addons you manually upload.

Hope that makes sense.

-Dazex
Ah, I installed both the iPlayer addon and the reFocus addon into the frappliance/xbmcdata/xbmxhome/addons folder because that's what I read in other forum posts (the iPlayer addon is specifically advised to be put in that folder in this very thread actually).

So I should SFTP back into the ATV2 and move both the skin and the iplayer addon to the addons folder you name above, and restart?
owen-b Wrote:So I should SFTP back into the ATV2 and move both the skin and the iplayer addon to the addons folder you name above, and restart?

Yup, give it a try.
Yeah that worked Smile

Also, it added a wee reFocus splash screen when starting up XBMC that definitely wasn't there before. Nice Smile
melagodo Wrote:Hey guys,
can't play this xvid (1080p). Video plays for about 2 secs stuttering, then it buffers.

Put media info here

I can upload part of it somewhere if needed! Thumbnails generation already disabled.

Cheers

melagodo

Are you on ethernet or on wifi? and what build are you on? Have you tried the option "sync back to display" with "audio clock" ?
melagodo Wrote:Hey guys,

Put media info here

Cheers

melagodo

Hidef Divx or Xvid is not supported by the GPU (hardware decoding) and has to rely on the CPU so will never play smoothly unlike x264 (mkv) files which are hardware supported. Same goes for wmv etc. Only standard def versions of those files will play smoothly.
Would like to add that I'm using this build and it kept dropping out on me when I first set it up, I think because I added sources and tried scraping. I would literally press down a few times in my movie list and it would just crash. So I booted it up and left it scraping, went out for a bit, came back and all was done and I haven't had a crash since. I'm running wired and I do seem to see a bit of judder here and there on 720p rips.

A very good example is the latest Archer opening credits. When he fires the gun and the white bullet/ball goes through the images it goes really frickin' slow on the ATV. On the mini directly or even through wifi on the laptop, it is smooth as butter.
moemar26 Wrote:.ISO playback tested to NOT WORK on AppleTV2 (nor did it work on previous nightly builds)

Platform: AppleTV2. iOS 4.2.1
Build: XBMC-ARM.atv2.012811.zip (GIT 67139e8, Jan 28)
Installed via official apt-get (wiki), then replaced w/ 01-28 nightly.

Problem Description:
Pressed play on DVD .ISO. No GUI response (waited for about 3 mins). On playing second .ISO, window pops up: "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details.
Behavior repeatable. Strange since there is a GIT commit that suggests fixing the ISO playback problem.

Log file (two .ISO plays): http://pastebin.com/6Zfx5dpK

Hope this helps!

Same issue. Both encrypted and un-encrypted ISO's throw the same error in syslog.

libdvdread: Can't open smb://ansible/movies/unencrypted.iso for reading
Jan 29 08:35:39 Apple-TV com.apple.frontrow[339]: libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
Jan 29 08:35:39 Apple-TV com.apple.frontrow[339]: libdvdread: Could not open input: No such file or directory

Not sure why it thinks its encrypted. Its most definitely not because ATV2 XBMC can play the VOB's extracted from it manually fine.

iOS 4.2.1
newest Jan 28th .deb
I have installed the latest build from 1/29 and one issue I seem to be having is that when in xbmc it seems to have a hard time connecting to the network
for example when I go in videos and click on plugins it keeps saying not connected to network and after a few restarts of xbmc it works again.
Didn't seem to have this issue in previous builds.

Also have blue tooth apple keyboard set up but letter input still not working
Wonkamas Wrote:I seem to be having is that when in xbmc it seems to have a hard time connecting to the network
for example when I go in videos and click on plugins it keeps saying not connected to network and after a few restarts of xbmc it works again.
Didn't seem to have this issue in previous builds.

x2. I see this as well, but with the 26th build. A simple XBMC restart always fixes it. I thought it only affected my SMB shares since my library always auto updates on startup just fine, but I'll try add-ons next time as well.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED2