Windows 7 "lock settings" problem with apple tv2
I just installed XBMC on my apple tv2 and its been working great streaming stuff over SMB from my macbook. Unfortunately, when I tried to connect to my windows 7 laptop, i kept getting the "lock settings" menu problem.

I have read all of the related threads i can find so far..

I cant find the windows live assistant on my windows 7 machine, so i dont think thats the problem.

i tried entering my username and password, but that didnt work either.

I also messed around with homegroup/workgroup settings, and have password protected sharing off and everything else enabled(printer sharing etc.)

can some one please offer me any help/advice?

Thanks so much
Bump

Could someone please help?
has anyone figured this out I can not get to the shared directory on my pc for my movies via Windows SMB it keeps asking for a UN and PW which there is none

Please help

Thanks all
I had this problem, too, and after looking on the net for a long time, I found this myself.

1. Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network and Sharing Center --> Advanced sharing settings

2. Scroll down to the option "Password protected sharing" and turn it off, then Save changes.

3. Reboot your XBox and it should connect now.

In the Properties of any folder you wish to share (right-click menu), under the Sharing tab, there is a Password Protection part that probably reads:

People must have a user account and password for this computer to access shared folders.

It should read "People without a user account and password for this computer can access folders shared with everyone."

The link under that message (in any folder's Properties Sharing tab) is "Network and Sharing Center".

This is alternately found at

Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network and Sharing Center --> Advanced sharing settings

Just turn off Password protected sharing and reboot the XBox.
I've been throwing myself at the wall because of this problem...

I'll try it out tonight, but I'm almost 99% sure that I did go through those motions last night... Anyone else encounter this problem?

Bump... Please save us hahaha
(2011-02-21, 06:06)mradam Wrote: I had this problem, too, and after looking on the net for a long time, I found this myself.

1. Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network and Sharing Center --> Advanced sharing settings

2. Scroll down to the option "Password protected sharing" and turn it off, then Save changes.

3. Reboot your XBox and it should connect now.

In the Properties of any folder you wish to share (right-click menu), under the Sharing tab, there is a Password Protection part that probably reads:

People must have a user account and password for this computer to access shared folders.

It should read "People without a user account and password for this computer can access folders shared with everyone."

The link under that message (in any folder's Properties Sharing tab) is "Network and Sharing Center".

This is alternately found at

Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network and Sharing Center --> Advanced sharing settings

Just turn off Password protected sharing and reboot the XBox.

I created an account just to say that this worked for me. After messing with it for too long this was all that needed to be done, thanks MrAdam.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 "lock settings" problem with apple tv20