• 17(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
i`m you man !!!!!!!!!

i`d tried restarting before posting. i keep getting the same error. i`ve tried it on two different pcs (win7 and winxp) even with the latest build

btw i have pms 0.9.5
I have installed plex media server onto ubuntu now and plexbmx running on raspbmc seems to be fine and runs with no issues but I still have a windows server running if you want to get to the bottom of the problem.

ok, the ubuntu based serber works on the lan fine with no issues, while the windows one will list the root folders only, when off the lan, both servers work perfectly for every other client i can test them with, and both fail with plexbmc? both with the same issue, they show the root folders but nothing else.

both servers have had all external security requirements removed so are full accessible via the web with no authentication requirements.

if you want to know any more or want more log files just ask. if you want access to the servers as well let me know please
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I got bored today and dusted off an old jailbroken ATV2 (iOS 4.4 I think) I had lying around. I've become a big fan of Plex and have been using it on my main server/HTPC and a secondary Windows 7 nettop PC (Acer Revo 1600 Atom/ION), but was interested in seeing what kind of Plex experience I could get working on this old ATV2. First I installed a different Plex app that runs off of the main ATV UI and has more of the original UI feel consistent with the ATV2's original stock UI. Then I heard about PleXBMC and tracked this down. I first got my XBMC updated to the latest release and then installed the latest nightly. I'm a dummy when it comes to figuring out how to use the add-on manager, couldn't find PleXBMC in the official list, and had no idea how I'd get a zip file over to the ATV2, so I finally found something online which talked about installing "Repositories Installer" so I did that. Then I somehow managed to find PleXBMC in a list somewhere and selected it. Great.

But I can't get it to work, and the version it's showing doesn't seem to match what the OP lists as the current version. It's listing it as version 1.9.6.3. When I go to Videos / Add-ons, and choose PleXBMC it clocks for several seconds and then returns the error:

Unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:32400
Reason: [Errno 61] Connection refused

BTW, I'm a Plex subscriber (or whatever they call it) and I'm pretty sure my Plex Media Server is at the latest version offered to subscribers.

Thanks in advance!
Nevermind. I really am an idiot. I just watched the video presentation from another thread and saw the demonstrator manually changing the server IP address. I see now that this is mentioned in the original post as well. Sorry.

Can you confirm that I'm running the correct version, though? And, if not, how I get to the correct version of PleXBMC on my ATV2? Thanks.

Update again: Spoke too soon. I'm able to view my folders but when I select a folder, I get a "Script failed! plugin.video.plexbmc" error.
I'm not 100% sure about the ATV2 (I don't have one I'm afraid), but v1.9.6.3 was the last XBMC 10/Dharma version. I'm not sure what version of XBMC is installed on the ATV2, but if it is XBMC 11/eden you should load v2.1 and if XBMC 12 (RC) /Frodo then use V3.0.5. However, at the moment these aren't in the repository, so you would need to transfer over and install the zip file for the addon (in the same way you did for the repository file).

The repository update is high on my list, so I will get round to it shortly.
Add-on:PleXBMC (wiki) - Play Plex media through XBMC
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
PleXBMC Repository - install and manage all PleXBMC addons
Quartz3 PleXBMC - Integrate PleXBMC into home menus
(2013-01-24, 20:00)ederson Wrote: btw i have pms 0.9.5

If it the same "NoneType" error, or something else. A quick C&P of the error string would help me determine.

I don't like to hide behind the "upgrade PMS" excuse - but 0.9.5 is 15 months old and therefore may now be incompatible with the the current plexbmc addon. Current version is 0.9.7.10. I sometimes have to put fixes in for newer version, but by doing this, I'm unable to test with previous versions. The newer versions are definitely an improvement (IMO) so it might be worth a go - although I don't want to be responsible if it goes wrong, your call.

My current setup includes the following, which I test against (most of the time):
PMS: OSX 0.9.7.10
Clients: Windows 7 with FRODO / XbmcBuntu 11 with EDEN / Xbuntu 11 with FRODO / MAC OSX with FRODO / Raspbmc with FRODO

PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
going off what youve said above then the ideal server for plex is OSX then? ok, will have to try and build a VMworkstation one then.
thanks hippojay

you are right about the upgrade. till now my set up was dharma based and since i didn`t had nay problems with the addon i never thought about upgrading

i`ll try with the newer version and hope it works
if it doesn`t what do you mean by " quick C&P of the error string would help me determine" ??
i`ve posted the addon part of the log. you `ll need something else ?
(2013-01-28, 11:18)zebmoon Wrote: going off what youve said above then the ideal server for plex is OSX then? ok, will have to try and build a VMworkstation one then.

Not at all - I only test against OSX as that is my media server. A while back I did have problem with the windows Media Server, it would return different data and do other things, however I believe that in the last year things have improved a lot.

(2013-01-28, 11:56)ederson Wrote: you are right about the upgrade. till now my set up was dharma based and since i didn`t had nay problems with the addon i never thought about upgrading

i`ll try with the newer version and hope it works

Yes, Dharma is pretty old, especially the PleXBMC plugin. A lot more work has gone into the Eden and Frodo versions.

Quote:if it doesn`t what do you mean by " quick C&P of the error string would help me determine" ??
i`ve posted the addon part of the log. you `ll need something else ?

Sorry, by C&P I meant a cut and paste of the actual error. I assumed that the error was now different to the "NoneType" one you posted before. If not, then upgrading PMS is the only thing I can suggest.
i got the c&p part i didn`t know what exactly you needed

but upgrading the plex server did the trick !!!

thanks a lot hippojay!!!!!!!
Thanks. I'll update the requirements for later Plex server, I should also be able to put in a check to make sure it's not too old.
PleXBMC 3.0.6
Another day and another release - hopefully squashing more of the bugs:

https://github.com/hippojay/repository.p...-3.0.6.zip
  • FIX: Watched flags - these will now display correctly in all skins, modded or not.
  • FIX: Media flags - these will now display correctly in all skins, modded or not.
  • DEL: The plex style watched flags setting has been removed (as frodo now implements partial flags)
  • FIX: setting audio/sub stream remotely should now work (thanks wezhunter)
  • FIX: transcoded audio streams didn;t always pick up teh correct audio type (thanks wezhunter)
  • FIX: added some more encoding code, so that non-ASCII characters shouldn't cause failures.

This release is also on the updated PleXBMC repository (see first post), at the moment you will need to download and install the new one, but I'll see about getting the old one to autoupdate also.
PleXBMC 3.0.7

Quick fix and a new feature:
  • FIX: "start from beginning" would always start from resume point (wrong python indentation!!)
  • ADD: Plex GDM discovery (this is the new standard way to discovery server and will replace bonjour eventually). Currently it is selectable in settings (off, bonjour, gdm)

http://repository-plexbmc-addons.googlec...-3.0.7.zip

PleXBMC Helper 3.0.5

Some small changes:
  • ADD: speed up response time for helper to play media
  • FIX: Error message when starting through Plex/web
  • FIX: Removed on screen notification if remote playback failed, as sometime this occured when playback was successful. I guess that if it fails, you'll notice anyway!

http://repository-plexbmc-addons.googlec...-3.0.5.zip

PleXBMC repository 2.0.2
All these updates are in the PleXBMC repository and those running them should get the updates fairly soon (or you can force an update check if you are desperate).

The repository itself has also been updated, as I needed to move to a different host to allow the skin downloads to work. So if you don't immediately see the two addon updates, you may need to first check for an update on the repository (although this should happen automatically after a while).

Quartz V3 PleXBMC 0.7.4
You may notice a small update for Quartz V3 - this is nothing functional, but a small change to the internal addon data to meet XBMC versioning guidelines for Frodo final. Again, auto updates will occur, but if you already have 0.7.3 installed, then you don't need to install 0.7.4.
I know this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer. How can I change the PleXBMC specific backgrounds for TV Shows and Movies? I tried changing the ones in /users/****/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/Addons/skin.aeon-nox.plexbmc/backgrounds and then deleting the Textures6.db and Thumbnail folders, that worked for a while but a few months later PleXBMC seems to have defaulted back to the previous backgrounds (the yellow stadium seating and the Dog on TV), perhaps from an update?

I have updated XBMC to Frodo and the PleXBMC repo to 2.0.2 so I have the newest version of PleXBMC.
Only recently started using PleXBMC, but have to say thanks for all the hard work. Makes XBMC even better Big Grin Incidentally, I also wondered about the above mentioned?
Also, with the new PleXBMC version is there anyway to have it only show unwatched flags instead of the watched checkmarks on everything?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3