• 28(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
(2013-10-09, 02:45)Bray90820 Wrote: Is there any way to get the XBMC Addons to show in plex mode instead of the plex channels

Amber shows both.

(2013-10-09, 08:35)slampt Wrote: Hey All, I love plexbmc, is there a way to get the plex library (from PMS) to show up in xbmc remote without navigating through FIles/Folders?
the plex app from what I can tell has no WOL support where as the xbmc remote does (and I love that feature).
I am currently sharing my library via NFS with a central mysql DB. I would like to move to Plex Media Server and be done with NFS/MySQL but not having the library come up easily in the xbmc remote is a real shame :/
Cheers
Slampt

Plexbmc has WOL. XBMC remote is a separate app and I doubt it will ever support waking up PMS.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for the reply pecinko, perhaps my question wasn't very clear. I am currently using XBMC w/ the ios/android app because I like the WOL feature. My NFS server and ideally my PMS server never turns off it stays on, what I would like to know is if there is anyway to have a PMS LIbrary display in the XBMC Remote as the PLEX app does not have any WOL ability, i.e. it can not wake up a plexbmc box.

I hope that makes sense. Tongue

Cheers
Hi. XBMC noob here.

Hi, I have plexbmc on RasPi. Always transcode on.
My media server is Win7 with Plex server. Also running Playon with Netflix subscription.
XBMC on Pi not playing Netflix videos - only audio

Any help much appreciated.
Some improvements to the add-on and in skin support in Amber has been made lately.

More info here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175995
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have a question regarding how plexbmc chooses to have something transcoded. For example I have a 1080p movie (>16 mbps) on a remote server that I connect to. For video quality in the plexbmc settings I chose 8mbps. I have always transcode unchecked. Now when I go play the movie plexbmc will try to direct stream me the 1080p movie and does not transcode. It will only transcode when I check 'always transcode.' Is this normal behavior for the addon? I would like it to transcode movies that are > 8mbps and only direct stream content that is < 8 mbps. Even when I have the video quality on like 720kbps it will still try to direct stream me the movie.

Thanks.
Hi,

I'm a big fan of Raspberry Pi and XBMC with PlexBMC Plugin. Something I found on the web is a texturecache.py Script to precache all movie posters and fanarts for XBMC. But this only works with native usage of XBMC (eg. NAS Shares etc.) and its database. Is it possible for anyone to modify it so that I can predownload all fanarts and movie posters to the Pi? This would improve performance when scrolling through the library with plexbmc plugin a lot! Right now scrolling through the library is totally unusable as posters are loaded very slowly... anyone an idea how to speed this up?
No one any idea how to preload all images?
Transcode video but not audio question....

I posted this on the Plex forums as well, but I'm not seeing any traction there. This is a bit of a unique situation. Lemme explain.

A bit of background. I'm using a custom CarPC in my BMW which has a custom sound system and well...the sound system is pretty revealing and powerful. I'm using XBMC as a front end and intend to use either PleXBMC or the native Plex client for Windows to access my Plex library from home. The carPC runs Windows 7 and has 4G network access (Verizon. Pretty good bitrates).

Now. This is a full Windows 7 system running XBMC/Plex client/PlexBMC. What I'd like to do is :

- have Plex transcode the video (I set the rate at 3-4mbps in the client), but NOT transcode the audio AT ALL. Meaning, I want the native audio track to come down as is, since the system can decode every format in my library.

- I don't want to use Direct play (which will work fine as such), as then the video doesn't get transcoded either and streams at the full bitrate, which is a waste of bandwidth, since the video is displayed on the OEM BMW screen, which is a 6.5" screen running at 800x480. There's no point in displaying video at 30mbps bitrate, as you cannot make out the visual difference between that and 3mbps from the drivers seat.

- The quality of the video is not important, as long as it doesn't stutter etc, but the quality of the audio is very very important. I want as pristine audio as possible.

- When I set the PlexBMC client transcoding options - the only options I have for "Audio output" are Stereo, AC3, or DTS.

- Stereo gets my audio transcoded to 128kbps mp3 which is unacceptable.

- DTS for some reason gets transcoded to 128kbps mp3 as well. (Actually this is probably because the carPC is outputting to a DAC which them goes into a JBL MS-8 preamp, so effectievly the system outputs stereo as such, and I cannot set XBMC to pass through DTS etc, because they won't get decoded outside XBMC)

- AC3 - works and gets me ~600kbps, which is much better, but I'd still like higher rates if possible.

Is there a way to tell the Plex Server/XBMC/PlexBMC to transcode video to the configured bitrate, but passthrough all audio as-is?
(2013-02-06, 08:57)Arkitket Wrote: Thanks for the reply HippoJay, I'll see if I can find some sort of workaround to get banners working again.

I did find another quirk though (not sure if it's been brought up before), but when I go into PleXBMC configuration in XBMC and set flatten TV Shows to only one season, once I back out of the settings it resets to off every time.

I'm running into this same issue with banners not working as expected. Did you ever find a workaround?
Hi Gents and ...er... Gent-esses

If this has been covered before in this thread, please redirect me, but I have a bizarre problem.

I'm repatriating from Plex, due to their discontinued support of DVD, Netflix, AmazonPrime, HuluPlus, etc. (plus numerous little bugs that are totally absent in XBMC). I have PMS running on a WHS 2011 box and running XBMC on a Mac Mini on the client side. (also running PMS on the Mini, since Netflix and a couple other channels were wonky from the Windows box). My big hang-up is Netflix, which (despite Plex discontinuing) works without a hitch in Plex. PlayOn and XBMCFlicks each have their own showstoppers on my setup.

Anyway, I had PleXBMC working to play the Netflix stream okay, with a little bit of choppiness. The kids mostly watch My Little Pony and Ninjago on it, so its not that big a deal. But I had a persistent PMS crash issue while streaming it to XBMC; like once every hour or two. Not a big deal, really; just an annoyance to restart it.
But then I started losing the audio. Video would play, but audio was non-existent. I tried fiddling with settings and got it to come back (how I don't know). but then had a hard drive crash; unable to boot. I used the backup drive to reboot (back to just before I installed XBMC) and re--installed XBMC, add-ons, skins, etc. But still I have no sound from Netflix through PleXBMC. All the other channels work without a hitch; it's just Netflix that won't work right.

Here's the weird thing: if I access the Mini through Splashtop Streamer from my iPad (screen sharing/RDP-type thing) and pull up Netflix through PleXMBC, I get sound and video. No problems beyond the lag/choppiness from wifi. WTF?

To reiterate:
PMS & XBMC are on the same Mac Mini with PMS specified with loopback IP and MyPlex creds filled in.
Netflix channel streams fine to Plex Media Center on the same machine.
Netflix channel streams fine to PleXBMC on Mini if viewed through iPad+Splashtop.
Netflix channel streams video but no audio to PleXBMC through monitor (HDTV).

One more thing...
after the failed Netflix audio, all the navigation sounds are non-existent until I play a video, channel, or add-on that works right. Then I have nav sounds back.

Not sure what logs to post, since it would appear that PleXBMC and PMS think everything's working fine (since the iPad+Splashtop viewing work)?

Any thoughts on where to go with this?
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800
(2013-11-21, 01:21)iolaus Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 08:57)Arkitket Wrote: Thanks for the reply HippoJay, I'll see if I can find some sort of workaround to get banners working again.

I did find another quirk though (not sure if it's been brought up before), but when I go into PleXBMC configuration in XBMC and set flatten TV Shows to only one season, once I back out of the settings it resets to off every time.

I'm running into this same issue with banners not working as expected. Did you ever find a workaround?

Banners are working in Amber skin. I have also made some improvements to the script. See Amber thread for more info.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is it just me or did PleXBMC broke down over night? Doesn't run on my two installs, did yesterday

I got this,
Code:
17:20:39 T:140630776866560  NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC START =====
17:20:39 T:140630776866560  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running Python: sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=3, releaselevel='final', serial=0)
17:20:39 T:140630776866560  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running PleXBMC: 3.1.5
17:20:39 T:140630776866560  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running with cElementTree on Python 2.5+
17:20:39 T:140630776866560  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Platform: Linux/RPi
17:20:39 T:140630776866560  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Debug is turned off.  Running silent
17:20:40 T:140631573780224   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'amberskin'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 4049, in <module>
                                                pluginhandle = int(sys.argv[1])
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'amberskin'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:20:40 T:140630776866560   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 4016, in <module>
                                                shelfChannel()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 3616, in shelfChannel
                                                server_list=discoverAllServers()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 301, in discoverAllServers
                                                das_myplex = getMyPlexServers()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 358, in getMyPlexServers
                                                server=etree.fromstring(html).findall('Server')
                                              File "<string>", line 123, in XML
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
(2013-02-06, 01:45)hippojay Wrote: Unfortunately (again) XBMC doesn't have a way for me to add art that then gets flagged as banners ( listitem.art(banner) ). I can do it with a custom method, but this means skin modifications.

Could you expound on this a little bit? What kind of modification is necessary to get the banner images working correctly? I'm currently using Aeon Nox and would consider making the necessary changes to the skin to get this working.

Another question I have, is there any way to apply a particular ViewType to plex folders on a pattern-match basis? An example would be applying a specific view-type to all TV Episode lists. Right now I can go into each TV Show folder and apply my desired view but it will only apply to that one show. I could do this for each and every TV Show but then each time I add a new show I'll have to remember to do it again. The problem compounds if I want to use Season folders as I'd have to apply the view to every Season folder in every TV Show folder.
(2013-11-25, 18:26)jompan87 Wrote: Is it just me or did PleXBMC broke down over night? Doesn't run on my two installs, did yesterday

Mine also stopped working. I have the same error you posted and this one as well:

Code:
18:33:31 T:4504  NOTICE: == ENTER: discoverAllServers ==
18:33:31 T:4504  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> local GDM discovery setting enabled.
18:33:31 T:4068  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> get_params: Parameter string: nocat
18:33:31 T:4068  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Detected parameters: {}
18:33:31 T:4068   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'amberskin'
                                              File "C:\Users\Main\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.plexbmc-section-endpoints\default.py", line 4680, in <module>
                                                pluginhandle = int(sys.argv[1])
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'amberskin'
aaaaaand it just started working again. That is strange.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3