• 11(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
i lost audio from PleXBMC with the new version of PMS
I am getting bonjour error when i try and use this from my XBMC on ATV2 to my Win7 machine
Anyone know a fix
(2012-04-18, 13:10)bigbadrabbit Wrote: * Watched/Unwatched status isn't displayed correctly or at all. ATM i'm using latest Quartz skin, but it doesn't matter which skin i'm using. It's the same everywhere. Even if i manually try to select "Mark as unwatched/watched" doesn't change anything. No status badge is shown.

* Resume/Start from beginning always shows twice. For example, i start to watch a video; stop it (back to menu); when starting it again first XBMC's choose dialog pops up; i select one option; PleXBMC's (or PMS's) choose dialog pops up asking the same again...

* Poster/Fanart isn't displayed correctly after changing it in PMS. It always shows the very first poster/fanart and doesn't change to the new ones.

Is there someone who can fix this and update PleXBMC to a fully working version again? It's so sad this wonderful plugin doesn't get any updates anymore.
(2012-05-21, 18:52)bigbadrabbit Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 13:10)bigbadrabbit Wrote: * Watched/Unwatched status isn't displayed correctly or at all. ATM i'm using latest Quartz skin, but it doesn't matter which skin i'm using. It's the same everywhere. Even if i manually try to select "Mark as unwatched/watched" doesn't change anything. No status badge is shown.

* Resume/Start from beginning always shows twice. For example, i start to watch a video; stop it (back to menu); when starting it again first XBMC's choose dialog pops up; i select one option; PleXBMC's (or PMS's) choose dialog pops up asking the same again...

* Poster/Fanart isn't displayed correctly after changing it in PMS. It always shows the very first poster/fanart and doesn't change to the new ones.

Is there someone who can fix this and update PleXBMC to a fully working version again? It's so sad this wonderful plugin doesn't get any updates anymore.

Ditto Smile Please fix/add these features!
Well, it kind of looks like the have removed the password for plexmediaserver and only uses myplex. So it's impossible to connect from now?
I guess PleXBMC is dead, so take a look at this one...
here is a BETA version of PleXBMC V2:

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...ntry276659
What is the point in this? If you use XBMC why would you use Plex? What does Plex offer that XBMC can't?
(2012-08-15, 05:40)crimsonfury Wrote: What is the point in this? If you use XBMC why would you use Plex? What does Plex offer that XBMC can't?

I'm sure this has been discussed plenty. PMS is the only reason to use Plex since XBMC doesn't have a client server setup, and I'm not sure the MySql setup works as well.
(2012-08-15, 05:40)crimsonfury Wrote: What is the point in this? If you use XBMC why would you use Plex? What does Plex offer that XBMC can't?

Plex's server client functionality is far more elegant and user friendly than what xbmc has through mysql. Plex also automatically detects library changes and keeps your library constantly up to date. It integrates with mobile devices, roku, Google TV, and others. You can start playback on your phone, stop, and start where left off on your htpc. Plex also allows you to access libraries outside your network and provides you with transcoding options so you don't surpass your upload bandwidth. These are just a few reasons :-)
(2012-08-22, 05:03)lockdown571 Wrote:

Plex's server client functionality is far more elegant and user friendly than what xbmc has through mysql. Plex also automatically detects library changes and keeps your library constantly up to date. It integrates with mobile devices, roku, Google TV, and others. You can start playback on your phone, stop, and start where left off on your htpc. Plex also allows you to access libraries outside your network and provides you with transcoding options so you don't surpass your upload bandwidth. These are just a few reasons :-)

Might not be as user friendly, yet... but doesn't the mysql setup do most if not all what you listed... Plus Xbmc has more addon/plugins and thirdparty support. Wink
(2012-08-22, 06:23)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 05:03)lockdown571 Wrote:

Might not be as user friendly, yet... but doesn't the mysql setup do most if not all what you listed... Plus Xbmc has more addon/plugins and thirdparty support. Wink

Mysql is definitely improving a lot. One annoying thing now is artwork is not managed by the server and you have to you symlinks or path substitution. This is being changed with Frodo. Running xbmc headless is also not currently supported, which is crucial for server usage. I believe I had to install video drivers on my WHS machine to get XBMC to run, which is less than ideal. I think some developers are working on that though. There's also the problem of automatically updating your library. Right now I just have XBMC running on my server set to update every hour via the library auto update add-on. So, things are definitely getting more Plex like, but there's still a ways to go.

What's really missing in XBMC is the feature to have scans performed while the media centre is asleep. I'm willing to bet that the most devoted XBMC users will typically have a NAS server running that controls huge libraries. Especially in cases of big libraries it's annoying to have the client (XBMC in this case) running all the checks for your media, of course this feature will be even more amazing for music libraries, the big advantage of a NAS server is that it can actually take away some of those pains. Another nice feature that is also still missing from plex media server would be the ability to wake up a sleeping media centre from it's sleep and play back the requested file. This in my opinion would make the PERFECT media server. Some of the remote apps on iOS already come pretty close to this though.... PleXBMC could have a bright future though as the new announcements today show a brighter future for plex media server.
Hello,
i have a question about the Plex Media Manager.
I used the Plex Media Manager with the PleXBMC for my xbmc but how can i change the backgrounds in my folders on PlexMedia Server?
I see only "the dog with the tv" on my plexbmc.
(i used Windows version of plex media sever)
The option "change background - config selection) on the media manager, can not used. It is not available.
And the second question: How can i create an subfolder in the media manager

Thanks...
Hi,

i need some help, please;-)

I try to use this wonderful Plugin with the latest Linux-Build for the Pivos Xios DS Media Play. All run very smoth. Only the Plexbmc Plugin give me always a script error, when i try to start a movie: script fehler plugin.video.plexbmc

Is there any solution, this would be appreciate!

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Peter
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3