• 14(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
I have installed plex in xbmc android and it works really well but is there any way to select all files as unwatched.

At the moment you can only select individual files one at a time as unwatched which is a pain if you have 60 odd files in a directory.

Thanks

Chris
Not at the moment - there os no corresponding Plex API to do that easily - I could probably add something to do it though. i'll put it on the TO DO list
Everything seems to be working fine for me now on Frodo beta 2 Android. I've been trying to duplicate the error message from last time, but it's streaming everything. Even from multiple libraries, everything loads very nicely. Great plugin, thanks Hippo. If I can duplicate the error, i'll be sure to send you the log file. I could see this becoming very popular on the android platform!
Thanks hippojay. Marking all as unwatched would be great when you have time.
While I was searching for a solution to transcode DTS to Stereo audio on my Raspberry Pi, I stumbled upon this forum thread, where this plug-in was mentioned: http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/43659-...assthrough .

I've since installed Plex Media Server on my Debian Server, got rar2fs installed and Plex sees all my media and is able to play it, but it's still just passing through the DTS. The thing is, the Raspberry Pi is not powerful enough to decode high quality DTS without stuttering every so often so I was hoping Plex was the solution to this, being able to transcode the DTS to a different audio format so my Rpi wouldn't have to decode it. Is there a way to do this? So basically, leave the video as is but change the DTS audio to a different format?

Thanks for your work on the plug-in!
I'm was previously using plexbmc 1.9. If I upgrade to 2.1 in eden on a mac, loading items doesn't seem to work. It's possible to see the server and it's sections (movies, tv series, music), but if I try to open one of those sections, it returns 0 items (both by accessing pms through one of the plexbmc skins or through the video add-on). Also, the plex plugins are working perfect. I can stream south park episodes without any problem. What's the issue?
(2012-12-15, 14:30)vixducis Wrote: I'm was previously using plexbmc 1.9. If I upgrade to 2.1 in eden on a mac, loading items doesn't seem to work. It's possible to see the server and it's sections (movies, tv series, music), but if I try to open one of those sections, it returns 0 items (both by accessing pms through one of the plexbmc skins or through the video add-on). Also, the plex plugins are working perfect. I can stream south park episodes without any problem. What's the issue?

had the same issue on my xp machine after I first upgraded to the new version of plex.... installed an updated version of plexbmc from a few posts back & it seemed to fix it for a day or so, but i haven't been able to use it since
I can use the wake on lan feature at home but when I'm travelling, wake on internet (wan) is a problem for me. My win7 server never wakes. Is this a common problem or am I not setting up correctly? I've read newer routers won't allow the magic packet through via the internet unlike when connected on the local network. ddwrt doesn't offer firmware for my wndr3700 v3 which I assume offers the ability to open settings to overcome this. Does anyone have any suggestions to point me in the right direction? Thanks.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
The latest version doesn't seem to work in RaspBMC RC5 on the Raspberry Pi.

I can browse the different media sections and see fanart but I can't start any video playback?

This is the error from the xbmc.log:
Code:
21:34:27 T:2715624464   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 3683, in <module>
                                                TVSeasons(param_url)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 1300, in TVSeasons
                                                tree=getXML(url)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 2404, in getXML
                                                tree=etree.fromstring(html)
                                              File "<string>", line 123, in XML
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:34:27 T:3036287712   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?X-Plex-Token=THE_TOKEN&mode=4&url=http%3a%2f%2fIP_ADDRESS%3a32400%2flibrary%2fmetadata%2f25%2fchildren
Does PleXBMC support playing videos that are in *.rar format?
Have pms .9.8.8 running on windows system. Loads tv shows with metadata. Installed this addon onto my openelec box and can access the shows. It shows posters of the shows, but my question is can it show the episode description? When I highlight an episode, it would be nice to get a description of that episode. Going thru PMS web interface, it has the metadata for that, but didn't know if I was missing something in setting up this addon to show it on my xbmc.
It's only TV Shows that doesn't work for me, even after yesterdays updates on github (I think it's when PleXBMC has to list the episodes of a certain season that something goes wrong).

I tried Movies from my Plex server and they work fine.
(2012-12-21, 16:29)mzup Wrote: Have pms .9.8.8 running on windows system. Loads tv shows with metadata. Installed this addon onto my openelec box and can access the shows. It shows posters of the shows, but my question is can it show the episode description? When I highlight an episode, it would be nice to get a description of that episode. Going thru PMS web interface, it has the metadata for that, but didn't know if I was missing something in setting up this addon to show it on my xbmc.

Bump
Hello there,

I just got a Raspberry Pi with RaspBMC installed. I installed PlexBMC on it, after I installed the media server on my laptop. I have tried several different configurations to actually access the add-on in my RaspBMC. I get to Videos > PlexBMC and see a list of
- Movies
- TV- Shows
- Video Plugins, etc.

When I click on either one of them I get the message: script failed: video.plugin.plexbmc. As this doesn't tell me anything I just don't know what the problem is.

For instance, the "myPlex" is not working, I have that red cross in front of it when checking for it on Plex/Web under settings. Do I need to have that running to be able to access everything on my RaspBMC?

Also: I downloaded this plugin (http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...fl-videos/) and copied the .bundle into the resources/plugins folder. I also disabled capability checking but I can't find the plugin anywhere. Not on my server nor (as mentioned above) can I access my video plugins on my RaspBMC.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing or doing wrong?
(2012-12-26, 21:41)s1lv Wrote: Hello there,

I just got a Raspberry Pi with RaspBMC installed. I installed PlexBMC on it, after I installed the media server on my laptop. I have tried several different configurations to actually access the add-on in my RaspBMC. I get to Videos > PlexBMC and see a list of
- Movies
- TV- Shows
- Video Plugins, etc.

When I click on either one of them I get the message: script failed: video.plugin.plexbmc. As this doesn't tell me anything I just don't know what the problem is.

For instance, the "myPlex" is not working, I have that red cross in front of it when checking for it on Plex/Web under settings. Do I need to have that running to be able to access everything on my RaspBMC?

Also: I downloaded this plugin (http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...fl-videos/) and copied the .bundle into the resources/plugins folder. I also disabled capability checking but I can't find the plugin anywhere. Not on my server nor (as mentioned above) can I access my video plugins on my RaspBMC.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing or doing wrong?

That's the same error I get, and posted about earlier.

I think it's a simple fix, but the dev is taking a deserved Christmas break Smile
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3