• 15(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
Got that script error on my pi as well.

The relevant Log-Lines are as follows:

Code:
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> get_params: Returning: {'url': 'http%3a2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall', 'mode': '2'}
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> {'url': 'http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall', 'mode': '2'}
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Mode: 2
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> URL: http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: == ENTER: Movies() ==
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: == ENTER: getURL ==
15:57:00 T:2805941344   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 3559, in <module>
                                                Movies(url)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 672, in Movies
                                                html=getURL(url)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 199, in getURL
                                                server=url.split('/')[2]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:57:00 T:3043065856   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?mode=2&url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall
15:57:00 T:3043065856   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?mode=2&url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall) failed

After tracking the relvant code down I commented/uncommented the following two lines 3515+3516:

Original:
Code:
#url=urllib.unquote_plus(params["url"])
            url=params['url']

Into
Code:
url=urllib.unquote_plus(params["url"])
            #url=params['url']

And it works on my pi now. The url request with the '%2f' instead of '/' seems to make it impossible to parse the url correctly by url.split in geturl.

Trust this helps.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to get to the code. Could you give me an idiot-safe tutorial to get there and change it without messing anything up?
Damn. Sorry, I forgot to mention, where I changed the code.

You need to log into your pi and change the code within the plugin. Don't know what system you have and a genric step-by-step guide might be found with your pi-system documentation.

On my pi (OpenELEC) the relevant code is located in /storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/
There you need to change the above mentioned two lines in default.py. Then it should work.

But. No guarantee it works for you as well - you're alone here, pal. As the line is already there and commented out, the original author had something in mind about why it is commented out. Hence just a friendly reminder that anything can happen and I'm not going to be responsible for what you do to your system and, even worse, what your system might do to whatever.
All - sorry I've been missing these items - looks like I forgot to re-add the thread subscription when the forums were migrated.

I tend to spend most of my time on the plex forums addressing the issues there - so some of these may already have been fixed. Certainly I have tested against raspbmc on the Pi and also against frodo.

Anyway, for those running Frodo, there is a newer version (3.0.3) which might bring some joy. This version is still in testing, but if you want to run frodo, then this is probably the better version at the moment (as it fixes some issues that you may get running 2.1/eden addon in Frodo installs)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyf4q4r20hw01a...v3.0.3.zip

EDIT: Also, those who want to - there is a newer Quartz V3 skin which has been modded for plexbmc. This will add plex items to the home menu when in plex mode - you can switch between plex and XBMC modes though a menu entry (the plexbmc skin elements are supported by me, but thanks go to pecinko for creating the skin and adding some of the extra plexbmc entries).

Again this has not yet been fully tested, but has been used a fair bit by me and seems stable enough.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qntb970zatnk3u...v0.7.1.zip

Both the V3 addon and quartz V3 skin will be fully tested (against my bulging test plan) next week when I set aside some time.
So this fix worked on my Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc with XMBC RC2. However, I had to use an old version of PleXBMC, since those code snippets are not in 3.0.3 and I couldn't make sense of the error logs. (I will try to post them later though) You can make the right edits if you take the latest version in the PleXBMC repository, which is 1.9.6.3. Make that minor code change and the Raspberry Pi can now talk Plex.

(2013-01-01, 18:55)gpi-mc Wrote: Got that script error on my pi as well.

The relevant Log-Lines are as follows:

Code:
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> get_params: Returning: {'url': 'http%3a2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall', 'mode': '2'}
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> {'url': 'http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall', 'mode': '2'}
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Mode: 2
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> URL: http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: == ENTER: Movies() ==
15:57:00 T:2805941344  NOTICE: == ENTER: getURL ==
15:57:00 T:2805941344   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 3559, in <module>
                                                Movies(url)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 672, in Movies
                                                html=getURL(url)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 199, in getURL
                                                server=url.split('/')[2]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:57:00 T:3043065856   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?mode=2&url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall
15:57:00 T:3043065856   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?mode=2&url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.25%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2fall) failed

After tracking the relvant code down I commented/uncommented the following two lines 3515+3516:

Original:
Code:
#url=urllib.unquote_plus(params["url"])
            url=params['url']

Into
Code:
url=urllib.unquote_plus(params["url"])
            #url=params['url']

And it works on my pi now. The url request with the '%2f' instead of '/' seems to make it impossible to parse the url correctly by url.split in geturl.

Trust this helps.

(2013-01-01, 20:15)gpi-mc Wrote: Damn. Sorry, I forgot to mention, where I changed the code.

You need to log into your pi and change the code within the plugin. Don't know what system you have and a genric step-by-step guide might be found with your pi-system documentation.

On my pi (OpenELEC) the relevant code is located in /storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/
There you need to change the above mentioned two lines in default.py. Then it should work.

But. No guarantee it works for you as well - you're alone here, pal. As the line is already there and commented out, the original author had something in mind about why it is commented out. Hence just a friendly reminder that anything can happen and I'm not going to be responsible for what you do to your system and, even worse, what your system might do to whatever.
(2013-01-10, 06:06)ChamPro Wrote: So this fix worked on my Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc with XMBC RC2. However, I had to use an old version of PleXBMC, since those code snippets are not in 3.0.3 and I couldn't make sense of the error logs. (I will try to post them later though) You can make the right edits if you take the latest version in the PleXBMC repository, which is 1.9.6.3. Make that minor code change and the Raspberry Pi can now talk Plex.

I would recommend that for a RPi you use PleXBMC version 3 - this is not yet in the repo but the .zip file can be downloaded (see link below, or in post #2)
PleXBMC V3.0.4 - Frodo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eylz4dl5hoq6m1...v3.0.4.zip

Another release, which hopefully fixes a few things and doesn't break too much:
  • ADD: Some identification updates so you can see it as a client device in myplex website
  • ADD: Ability to select a master server for use with myplex queue and remote shelf (in settings)
  • FIX: Shelf appearance when used remotely.
  • FIX: clear down shelf items correctly
  • FIX: don't quit if remote server not found
  • FIX: When shelf is turned off, clear down
  • FIX: if all shelves trned off, don't bother getting shelf data
  • FIX: Picture display and slideshows
  • FIX: myplex queue playback (at least for youtube and iplayer)
  • ADD: support for RTMP streams in PMS

This has been tested against Frodo RC3 on Windows 7 x64 and Raspbmc.

Quartz V3 for Plexbmc (incorporating Quartz V4)
A tweaked release for plexbmc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk9t5s2p1kx4mi...v0.7.2.zip
  • FIX: Favourites dependancy added in
  • ADD: add-ons renamed channels for plex mode
  • ADD: Moved myplex and plexonline to the channels menu heading

Someone asked about Quartz V4 which was mentioned over at xbmc.org. V4 is actually just V3 with frodo compatibility changes - so this release incorporates those changes and is actually V4, but I'll still call it V3 because the look and feel is exactly the same).
Add-on:PleXBMC (wiki) - Play Plex media through XBMC
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
PleXBMC Repository - install and manage all PleXBMC addons
Quartz3 PleXBMC - Integrate PleXBMC into home menus
I am trying to get this plugin working on my Openelec 3 installation. When I click on a video file, it starts playing the audio with no video for about 2 minutes. Then the video catches up and it plays fine after that. I have played with all the settings I can think of and nothings makes any difference.
Sounds more like an XBMC issues than PleXBMC. the addon hands control of playback back to XBMC.
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
(2013-01-12, 21:20)hippojay Wrote: Sounds more like an XBMC issues than PleXBMC. the addon hands control of playback back to XBMC.

If I play the same video files through the XBMC library they play fine.
(2013-01-12, 21:21)TheImmortal Wrote: If I play the same video files through the XBMC library they play fine.

Hmm, perhaps it the way the file is being sourced. The standard way is for plexbmc to try and work out the best source:

1. If the file can be found locally, then it will be played locally. This means that the file can be found on a filesystem on the client (eitehr directly or through NFS/CIFS mounted file filesystems
2. if it cannot find it - it will play through the Plex Media Server web interface (so sourced over HTTP).

You can alter this behaviour, by changing the "Stream from PMS" setting:
* AUTO - as described above
* HTTP - always use the PMS web server
* SMB - use samba/SMB to play back the file. Will assume it is a sare from teh PMS server
* AFP - same as above, but using Apple AFP to get file.

If the file is on a server which is not the Plex Media Server, then you will need to alter the location by using the SMB override options:
* NAS IP Address - the IP address of the file server
* NAS username / NAS password - the credientials to get access
* NAS Root folder - the base location of the files (this is used to get around extra mount point directories that may be in use)

So for example, my PMS instance is a seperate server to my file server
PMS - 10.0.0.1
FILESERVER 10.0.0.2 (the files are all in the directory /Media)

The files are mounted on to the PMS from the fileserver, so they appear local to the PMS instance. They are mounted into /Volumes, so appear as /Volumes/Media/.... This means I can play these via HTTP. However, if I want to play via SMB, then I would either need to share out /Volumes again from the PMS instance (and therefore stream through two devices) or I can add the fileserver details into plexbmc.

Set NAS IP as 10.0.0.2.
Username/password as needed by my instance
NAS Root folder as Media (so that PlexBMC can rewrite /volumes/media as /media to access the files)

It might sound a bit complicated, but it is fairly straightforward.

If you like - you can turn on debugging from within the plexbmc settinsg page and try to play a file. Then PM me the xbmc.log file and i'll look it over.
Question. Imagine I have an OpenELEC HTPC with this plugin and my media on a USB drive attached to it.

Now If I install Plex Media Server on another PC running windows and sharing the files on my drive attached to my openelec HTPC;

If I start to play a file on my HTPC using PleXBMC, is it smart enough to read it directly from the USB drive attached? Or is the file send once over the network to my windows pc where Plex Media Server is and again send back a second time to my HTPC over home network?
It looks like a url issue or something? Any ideas?

Script failure when trying to go into a tvShow Season

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27785

21:21:53 T:3037892608 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (12.0-RC3 Git:20130111-1336ec7), Platform: Linux (Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy), 3.6.11 armv6l). Built on Jan 12 2013

Raspbmc Testing Branch, with Hard Floating Point
Release Candidate 5, Built: 20121231

PlexBMC v3.0.4
Quartz v0.7.3
Hi!
Are the skins up to date for the newest version of the plugin to Eden?
-gob

(2013-01-13, 01:40)Zodler Wrote: Question. Imagine I have an OpenELEC HTPC with this plugin and my media on a USB drive attached to it.

Now If I install Plex Media Server on another PC running windows and sharing the files on my drive attached to my openelec HTPC;

If I start to play a file on my HTPC using PleXBMC, is it smart enough to read it directly from the USB drive attached? Or is the file send once over the network to my windows pc where Plex Media Server is and again send back a second time to my HTPC over home network?

It will attempt to look for it locally first, but whether it find it depends on where the file is and how it is shared. I don't have a windows PMS to check with, but I'm guessing the path in PMS is going to be //server/media/movies/file.mkv. In which case it will look locally for /media/movies/file.mkv. I can alter some of the logic in this area pretty easily if you want to give it a go.

(2013-01-13, 04:28)Gentoo9ball Wrote: It looks like a url issue or something? Any ideas?

Script failure when trying to go into a tvShow Season

Hmm, do you have the PleXBMC setting flag set to skip image downloading (which you might do, as this is fairly slow on the RPi). If so, then I see the problem. I'll issue a fix shortly.

(2013-01-14, 15:17)gobba Wrote: Hi!
Are the skins up to date for the newest version of the plugin to Eden?

Not particularly up to date. Everyone seems to be using PleXBMC with Frodo, so there has been more activity to get this going so it's ready when it gets released.

Is there any skin in particular you were thinking of?
Hippojay I do have it checked. Thank you!
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3