• 32(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
Hi all,

All the development and discussion on PleXBMC has been taking place on the Plex forums, as there seems to be a larger userbase there. Myself and another dev (wickning1) have taken over maintaining the plugin. Please follow progress and report problems over here:

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/1...ia-server/
I just started have plex not working on gotham running OpenElec 4.0.2 on a raspberry pi was working fine on Sunday try the beta 3.4.6.beta2 and the ver 3.4.5 both give me errors don't open reboot my modem and router check my virtual seeting on my router check for Plex media server updated none .Up to date
I am getting a script failed! error when i try to open the Plexbmc add-on.
I installed it as described in the first post.
Server discovery: Auto (GDM)

I am running Plex Media Server 0.9.9.7

My debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=208644
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Not sure if this is a question about the Amber skin or the Plexbmc so I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong forum. I was playing around with Amber/Plexbmc last night and I love everything about it except for one issue which I'm hoping is easily resolved. In XBMC I can click on my tv shows and it takes me directly to a list of all my shows. When I click on the Tv Shows channel I've created in Plex, it will take me to a menu where I can select all shows, recently added, etc. I was hoping there was a way to bypass this and just go directly to all shows.
(2014-05-23, 20:20)Baswazz Wrote: I am getting a script failed! error when i try to open the Plexbmc add-on.

Same here, with plexbmc 3.4.5, using gotham xbmc under linux (via xbmcbuntu)

[edit] fixed with beta3

Error log :
Quote:17:26:36 T:140569003329280 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> getMyPlexToken: Using token: False[Renew: False]
17:26:36 T:140569003329280 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'bool' objects
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.5/default.py", line 5306, in <module>
displaySections()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.5/default.py", line 1180, in displaySections
ds_servers=discoverAllServers()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.5/default.py", line 319, in discoverAllServers
das_myplex = getMyPlexServers()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.5/default.py", line 435, in getMyPlexServers
all_servers = getMyPlexURL(url_path)
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.5/default.py", line 691, in getMyPlexURL
conn.request("GET", url_path+"?X-Plex-Token="+getMyPlexToken(renew))
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'bool' objects
-->End of Python script error report<--
17:26:36 T:140570052761536 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?content_type=video
17:26:36 T:140570052761536 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?content_type=video) failed
What's a guy gotta do to get "resume from" or "play from" to appear using oE XBMC 4.0.4. With PleXBMC 3.4.5 and Helper 3.4.2. Amber skin. Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Hello. Just installed this addon and so far it's great! (RaspBMC)
One gripe though... I don't seem to be able to set it to automatically play the next episode/track etc. Am I blind or is there not a setting for this? I am selecting media through the Plex app on iOS.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris.
Upgraded from Frodo to Gotham 13.1 and at the same time upgraded PleXBMC to 3.4.5, after that it wouldn't work at all, kept getting script failed! errors so I uninstalled XBMC and wiped the profile folder and reinstalled XBMC 13.1 clean, added the PleXBMC repo and installed PleXBMC again. Still getting the script failed! errors. Everything was working prior to updating to the newer versions and I can't figure out why it's broken. Can anyone help?
I also get script errors:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=242615

Line 547, it could be something to do with Python. My Steam add-on doesn't work also. Have no idea what to do.
(2014-07-09, 04:13)Arkitket Wrote: Upgraded from Frodo to Gotham 13.1 and at the same time upgraded PleXBMC to 3.4.5, after that it wouldn't work at all, kept getting script failed! errors so I uninstalled XBMC and wiped the profile folder and reinstalled XBMC 13.1 clean, added the PleXBMC repo and installed PleXBMC again. Still getting the script failed! errors. Everything was working prior to updating to the newer versions and I can't figure out why it's broken. Can anyone help?

Try with latest beta from https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video...c/releases
https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video...6beta3.zip
Just installed this as a way of syncing my watched status between plex clients (ipad, chromecast etc) and xbmc on my htpc, one thing that would make it really great would be the ability to have it open and browse to a specific library. Is this possible? e.g. instead of getting the first channel menu (Movies, TV Shows, Channels, Plex Online, Refresh Data etc.) it opens straight to the tv show view.
Hello.

Hope this is the correct place to ask.
I'm having a ton of issues with subtitles.

I'm running PleXBMC on the latest stable version of Openelec on a small ION based HTPC, and all my media is located on a different pc with the lastest version of Plex.
All the files on the server are named after the Plex wiki and all subtitles are of .srt file format. If I'm using Plex in the browser Plex will download subtitles automatically - but it didn't seem to work on PleXBMC, therefor I also have subtitles locally.

If I set PleXBMC, to let XBMC handle subtitles nothing is shown - if I let Plex do it, subtitles are shown but not all the time. I have found no reason to why, if I pick SRT subtitles when using Plex in a browser the file is played perfectly.
Another thing, if I have 2 languages subtitles files for a movie I can only see one when Plex is handling things.

Hope some can help, thanks in advance.
Anyone know if Plexbmc can connect to a remote plex server over the internet, I have been trying with no luck.
(2014-08-18, 14:24)Atomicslave Wrote: Anyone know if Plexbmc can connect to a remote plex server over the internet, I have been trying with no luck.

I would like to know aswell. I was using an older version (XBMC 12 and older version of PleXBMC) and I was able to access my 2 local servers and my remote server. I have now upgraded to XBMC 13 and downloaded the latest PleXBMC from the repo and I can only see my 2 local servers, my remote server is no where to be found.

I haven't changed a thing in my plex config, I use myPlex but I just cant access or see the remote server in PleXBMC anymore.

anyone have any suggestions?
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Can anyone please look at my log file below. I am running PleXBMC on my firetv... it connects to an off site server running PMS through myplex. its works 90 percent of the time but 2 times or so a week it will throw a Plex script error and not load movies/tv files. Thanks for your help

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=320827
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3