• 33(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
I commented out this code and it solved all my problems!

'''
# Remove Cloud Sync servers, since they cause problems
for das_server_index,das_server in das_servers.items():
# Cloud sync "servers" don't have a version key in the dictionary
if 'version' not in das_server:
del das_servers[das_server_index]
'''
(2014-10-19, 18:42)maikito26 Wrote: I commented out this code and it solved all my problems!

'''
# Remove Cloud Sync servers, since they cause problems
for das_server_index,das_server in das_servers.items():
# Cloud sync "servers" don't have a version key in the dictionary
if 'version' not in das_server:
del das_servers[das_server_index]
'''

was this by chance in response to my post? if so what file are you editing?
(2014-09-15, 15:37)The_Dogg Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 14:24)Atomicslave Wrote: Anyone know if Plexbmc can connect to a remote plex server over the internet, I have been trying with no luck.

I would like to know aswell. I was using an older version (XBMC 12 and older version of PleXBMC) and I was able to access my 2 local servers and my remote server. I have now upgraded to XBMC 13 and downloaded the latest PleXBMC from the repo and I can only see my 2 local servers, my remote server is no where to be found.

I haven't changed a thing in my plex config, I use myPlex but I just cant access or see the remote server in PleXBMC anymore.

anyone have any suggestions?

I, too, have been trying to do this without success. If anyone could offer any help on this, even if it's just a link to another page, I'd be extremely grateful.
(2014-10-23, 12:07)CrankyCraig Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 15:37)The_Dogg Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 14:24)Atomicslave Wrote: Anyone know if Plexbmc can connect to a remote plex server over the internet, I have been trying with no luck.

I would like to know aswell. I was using an older version (XBMC 12 and older version of PleXBMC) and I was able to access my 2 local servers and my remote server. I have now upgraded to XBMC 13 and downloaded the latest PleXBMC from the repo and I can only see my 2 local servers, my remote server is no where to be found.

I haven't changed a thing in my plex config, I use myPlex but I just cant access or see the remote server in PleXBMC anymore.

anyone have any suggestions?

I, too, have been trying to do this without success. If anyone could offer any help on this, even if it's just a link to another page, I'd be extremely grateful.

I have been successful in watching files across the interent via the MY PLEX login.....however after about a day or two the conenction to that server drops and will not reconnect until it "feels like it" trying to figure it out with no help thus far
Hi guys complete newbie to this. Recently learned about Plex followed the online directions and installed the repository but have not been able to run it once. I'm simply getting the "script failed" error with using a 'Gbox midnight mx2' (firmware 1.6 as Acestream refuses to work with any other firmware so I can't update it). Tried to read through the 30 pages but getting more and more frustrated as I'm not sure what works for me? Wondered if anybody can help?
I take it this is no longer being developed? Anyone know of a way to favorite libraries or library sections (all shows, genres, etc)?
(2014-11-18, 13:48)Gdude Wrote: Hi guys complete newbie to this. Recently learned about Plex followed the online directions and installed the repository but have not been able to run it once. I'm simply getting the "script failed" error with using a 'Gbox midnight mx2' (firmware 1.6 as Acestream refuses to work with any other firmware so I can't update it). Tried to read through the 30 pages but getting more and more frustrated as I'm not sure what works for me? Wondered if anybody can help?

My knowledge on this subject is practically non-existent, but I updated to PleXBMC version 3.4.5 and got nothing other than 'script error' until I rolled back to 3.4.3 and disabled auto update. It's worked flawlessly since.
Out of interest, does anyone have CU LRC LYRICS functioning with PleXBMC and Amber?

Mine fails to fetch any lyrics, and I can't be sure whether it ever has worked. However, it appears to be working perfectly in Amber when not using PleXBMC.

I'm using both Gotham 13.0 and Gotham 13.1, PleXBMC 3.4.3 and CU LRC 2.0.12.
hm I cant access my shared servers in PleXBMC

=/ I only see my local server here...
Well... I tried... I really did... I've spent all day yesterday and today reading on the webs and nothing.

I've been trying to get PlexBMC to display subtitles when transcoding to no avail.

I need this, because I am streaming from a Minix x7 and some of the Anime I'm watching (hence the subtitle part) is in HI10 which looks like a clown pewked colors all over my screen when played directly.

I am running PlexBMC v3.4.5
XBMC - I'm running XBMC v13.3 for minix.
XBMC Skin - I am running Aeon Nox but I've installed Amber and did the Go Plex thing and the subtitles are nowhere to be found when transcoding.

The subtitles are integrated into the MKV files. And when viewing the files through Plex's Android app, it transcodes and displays the subtitles beautifully.

I have Plex running on my FreeNas 9 server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Well... I noticed one thing that's a bit weird.

Just to rule out my current setup. I installed XBMC on my tablet and added the PlexBMC addon. I forced transcoding and the same issue happens.

Then I noticed that XBMC was seeing the subtitle in the subtitle list in the Audio/Subtitle options on the playback menu. But enabling or disabling the subtitle that's embedded didn't matter. Is as if the subtitle had no text in it.

Again, this only happens when playing the file via PlexBMC forcing transcoding. If I play the same file directly (via PlexBMC or XBMC) it will display the subtitles correctly.

Hope anybody can shine a light on this.

Thanks Smile
I'm not sure if this will address your subtitle issues, but solved several issues for me...
I installed PleXBMC ver 3.4.6beta3 from hippojay's repo (https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video...c/releases) manually (install from zip).
I also found some good information regarding subtitles on the Plex forum (https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/1...ia-server/).
I am currently running Plex ver 0.9.11.4 on Windows 8 with PlexBMC ver 3.4.6beta3 on RPi (OpenELEC/Kodi 15.0) and Plex for Roku 3 ver 3.1.0.
I usually download or extract subtitles from MKV files (and save them as "srt" files in ANSI format) as this is the only way (for me) to see subtitles on both clients (I've not had much luck with "burned in" subtitles, especially, with the Plex for Roku client).
I realize that my configuration and use of subtitles is not what you have described, but perhaps the beta PleXBMC client or the Plex forum may help (there's certainly more activity in the Plex forum).
Thanks mentat...

I didn't try the 3.4.6 betas because I didn't see an issue like this addressed in the release notes. But I am at a point that I will give anything a try.

I'll update back to inform if this worked or not.

If not, I will try to pull the embedded subtitles from the MKV files and see if it works that way.
Well... That didn't work... Downloaded the beta and I'm running on the latest build of Plex server.

Same scenario... Transcoding ON. I select the subtitle prior to playing. And there are no subtitles.

XBMC shows on the Audio setting when playing the file that there is a subtitle, and it's enabled. But no text is displayed on the screen.

If I turn off Transcoding, the subtitles show, but being that the file is Hi10, it looks like crap.

Now I'm stuck either extracting the subtitles from the files and manually selecting the SRT or ASS, to be able to understand it. Or use the Android Plex app, which is not remote control friendly.

I can replicate this scenario on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet. So, It's not my XBMC setup on my Minix 7.

Thanks
Have you guys tried the Plex Spotify plugin? You can browse your albums, artists and such.... Stupid thingy, From the Plexbmc addon you can use the installed plex plugins.... except.... the Spotify plugin :-S damn
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3