Apple tv 2 and xbmc
HEY GUYS FIRST OFF GLAD I FOUND XBMC WHAT A GREAT MEDIA CENTRE. MY QUESTION IS I HAVE IT ALL SET UP NO PROBLEMS I ALREADY HAD A FREENAS SERVER WITH ALL MY CONTENT ON IT SO WHEN I SETUP XBMC I DID THE AUTOSCAN.
AFTER PLAYING AROUND WITH IT LAS WEEKEND I DECIDED I WANTED THE LAYOUT TO BE IN LIBRARY MODE.. WELL WHEN IT IS IN LIBRARY MODE I LOSE SOME MOVIES AND SHOWS THEY DON'T SHOW UP AT ALL. I HAD THESE IN THE DIRECTORIES BEFORE I INSTALLED XBMC. FUNNY ENOUGH IF I SWITCH TO LIST MODE AND GET RID OF LIBRARY VIEW THEN THEY SHOW UP AND PLAY. NO INFO THOUGH......
I WAS CHECKING THE FORMAT AND I THINK I HAVE IT RIGHT AS I FOUND A YOUTUBE TUTORIAL ON IT THAT WAS PRETTY CLEAR.
ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT AS I REALLY LIKE THE LIBRARY MODE...

THANKS
JOE
:o
print post.lower()

All movies and shows are not found by build in scanner. Try using an scanner such as ember media manager. Look for scanners here.
Ember Media Manager is great for movies. Not so much for tv shows in my opinion.

The best way I find to get TV shows that don't scan to scan is to create a text file called tvshow.nfo with just the link to the particular show on thetvdb.com inside it and place that file in the shows directory. This tells XBMC where to look for the info it needs.

Also, lose the caps! Laugh
Hey guys sorry about the caps. I will try the suggested solutions and get back to you.

Joe
I was reading some posts about the manager will it work for apple tv?
thanks

Joe
sacchand,
Movies only shows up in the Library view when they have been properly scraped.

If the way the file is named prevents a match with the online scraping server, then that movie will lack detail info, thumbnail and fanarts, etc. And it will not show up in Library mode as you encountered.

So, try renaming the filename yourself to help XBMC match it up to the movie, TV databases online.

I like to use TheRenamer (free program) to give a consistent rename to all my TV and Movie files. It can be configured to automatically move the TV or Movie file to your shared location automatically. Plus, it keeps the files name and folder structure on your computer consistent, clean and tidy.

-Dazex
Grat advice thankyou i will definitely try that and let you know.

sac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv 2 and xbmc0