How to start in full screeen mode?
Hello,
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and XBMC 10.0 final version.
I want to start XBMC in full screen mode, but -fs switch does not work. Is there any other command line option to start in full screen mode?
Thanks
Press \ to switch between fullscreen and windowed. XBMC remembers how it was last used and starts in the same way. The windowed/fullscreen state is saved in guisettings.xml somewhere.

JR
Your also find screen options in Settings > System along with a few other options you may or may not need
Thanks for replies. But I know these options. I want to start xbmc in full screen, even last time I set it in window mode. And I don't want to be have to press Alt+Enter or \ key to have full screen mode. I just want xbmc starts in full screen mode on every conditions.

Thanks
I don't know of any way to force XBMC to start in full screen mode. The -fs option stopped working at some point between 9.04 and 9.11.

JR
I don't know of any command line parameters - but here's a possible solution.

I'm guessing you might have someone else who might hit the \ button inadvertantly.

Why not use keymapping to do away with \ completely, and then use default behavior of XBMC of remembering its last state?

Then, the only way it can be changed to windowed state is if someone deliberately goes through all the directories into Settings, and toggles it there.
steppedup Wrote:I don't know of any command line parameters - but here's a possible solution.

I'm guessing you might have someone else who might hit the \ button inadvertantly.

Why not use keymapping to do away with \ completely, and then use default behavior of XBMC of remembering its last state?

Then, the only way it can be changed to windowed state is if someone deliberately goes through all the directories into Settings, and toggles it there.

I'm asking this because I'm using XBMC on my laptop and I'm connecting this laptop to an LCD TV. When I connect to LCD TV, I don't want to use laptop's keyboard. I just want to use Sony PS3 bluetooth remote control to start XBMC. But when I use XBMC on laptop's screen and left it on windowed mode, I have to use laptop's keyboard and press Alt+Enter to switch full screen mode, to do this I have to open laptop's screen, when I open the lid of laptop, dual display mode will activated and my LCD TV's screen configuration was confused. So I want to have a configuration that everytime XBMC starts, it will start at full screen mode.

Anyway, I'll try to find another way. I want to find a way to send Alt+Enter or \ key to XBMC with PS3 remote controller.
Gotcha...

I think this link might get you headed in the right direction (maybe) - uses Eventghost which is free, and the config actually has screenshots here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43361

<sigh> - I read further and it looks like a lot of their solution depends on command switches. Oh well - eventghost can still do key-sendings for you.

Cheers!
Actually I think the -fs not working is a bug rather than a deliberate feature. The CAdvancedSettings::Initialize() method contains:

Code:
m_fullScreen = m_startFullScreen = false;

and I think this should be:

Code:
m_fullScreen = false;

because the m_startFullScreen member variable is set by the -fs flag.

Anyhow, I am currently building a test version with this bug fixed, and when the build is done I'll pop it on http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/XBMC/ as something obvious like XBMC-fixfsbug.zip.

JR

PS I'm getting a bit nervous about the number of custom builds I'm doing as this potentially undermines the proper development process. I'll see about getting some of these changes into the trunk so you can get them in the nightly builds.

PPS http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11133
OK, it looks as if the comand line switches are deprecated because the don't sit well with using multiple profiles. However you can force full screen mode by using advancedsettings.xml. You just need to put the following in your advancedsettings.xml file:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Actually I think the -fs not working is a bug rather than a deliberate feature. The CAdvancedSettings::Initialize() method contains:

Code:
m_fullScreen = m_startFullScreen = false;

and I think this should be:

Code:
m_fullScreen = false;

because the m_startFullScreen member variable is set by the -fs flag.

Anyhow, I am currently building a test version with this bug fixed, and when the build is done I'll pop it on http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/XBMC/ as something obvious like XBMC-fixfsbug.zip.

JR

PS I'm getting a bit nervous about the number of custom builds I'm doing as this potentially undermines the proper development process. I'll see about getting some of these changes into the trunk so you can get them in the nightly builds.

PPS http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11133

This is what I would like to have. I hope this bugfix will be included in next official release.
Thanks
coolman Wrote:This is what I would like to have. I hope this bugfix will be included in next official release.
Thanks

It won't be fixed in the next release because the command line argument is no longer supported. Instead put the following in your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
</advancedsettings>

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:It won't be fixed in the next release because the command line argument is no longer supported. Instead put the following in your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
</advancedsettings>

JR

I can't find advancedsettings.xml file. Where is this file?
Thanks
coolman Wrote:I can't find advancedsettings.xml file. Where is this file?
Thanks

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml for all the gory details.

By default you don't have an advancedsettings.xml file so you will need to create one. The easiest way is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml

Click OK then answer Yes when Notepad asks if you want to create a new file. Now copy and paste in the example I gave above then save and exit Notepad.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to start in full screeen mode?0