Sound stutter after pause
I think this has something to do with the buffer from the soundcard but I'm not sure.

I have Radeon 5770 (realtek drivers) -HDMI-> Sony AMP -HDMI-> TV.

I have tried h264/mkv, xvid/avi and other formats/containers but it seems to happen at random. I will pause something then when I unpause I will have to rewind a few seconds otherwise the audio will be distorted and stutter.

Any ideas?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Not had this, mine stutters when uppausing if it's streming over the Wifi sometimes, with the video super fast forawrding for a few secs to sync up. Wonder if it's related.
I am experiencing the same issue. Mine doesn't happen randomly though. I can count on it every time I pause the video for longer than just few seconds. I'm on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have a Radeon 5670.
More and more reports on this. Piers - what platform? So far it's sound like all, but would like to confirm.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I am running Eden Stable 11.0 on a Win7 64bit machine. XBMC is the only program running.

I have noticed that if I pause a movie or TV show, when I resume playback the audio is all jumbled and stuttering. If I skip backwards a small amount, the audio will re-sync with the video and all is well. Is there a way that I can prevent this from happening at all? I am not in front of the system currently, but I can gladly post a log at a later time.

Thanks, TRP
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
My video card is an MSI Radeon 6450... FWIW

Thanks Mod for moving this to where it belongs.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
(2012-04-02, 04:39)mmiszkiel Wrote: I am experiencing the same issue. Mine doesn't happen randomly though. I can count on it every time I pause the video for longer than just few seconds. I'm on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have a Radeon 5670.

Ditto... I have an AMD 6450

this only started with 11.0 release.. Nightly builds of pre Eden worked fine.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I have the same problem, any solutions for this?

Eden 11.0 final release.
AMD 6450
We're working on alpha releases of Frodo 12.0 so this known bug isn't likely to get fixed. The entire audio system was changed for 12.0.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound stutter after pause0