• 3(current)
[WIP] Crazy Beaver - Nzb's made easy / An auto movie download program
agentgreen Wrote:Can you add in support for all newznab servers, rather than specifically nzb.su? I run my own newznab server and would love this functionality.

Indeed the goal is to include as much as possible but each server is a new function and a new way to look into it so takes time
Nvidia Shield Android Marshmallow - Kodi 16.0
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Logitech Harmony Elite + Keyboard
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Sure, I understand that. I was just saying instead of adding specifically nzb.su support, just make it so it supports the newznab protocol, so anyone running newznab can add their servers. NZB.su is just running newznab, so the connection methods should be the same.

Can't wait for this software!
please make this cross platform. Looking good.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rbrohman Wrote:this app looks fantastic!

you should take a look at adding support for nzb.su. It's free, based on the open source newznab software. It works great, and you won't have to worry about trying to find or buy an account.

i spotted this so thought i would take a look and see how easy it is, turns out it's extremely easy, so ive now included this in the latest version of my downloader Wink

i will look into generic newznab support in a later version, it shouldnt be too hard, assuming that the values for things like the categories are static and cannot be changed.
Almost got this working on Ubuntu (I'm bored) but I got this error when trying to enter the config panel:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CrazyBeaver.py", line 398, in OnConfig
self.conteneur.etiquette.SetLabel("no")
AttributeError: 'MainWindow' object has no attribute 'conteneur'

I realize this is Windows only for now, but it seems that Linux support is not that far off. All I did was enter unix-style paths in config.ini (i.e. /tmp) and changed the config = ConfigObj to "./config.ini" and execfile("./config.ini") and I installed python-wxtools and python-mechanize.

Hope this helps somehow.
binhex Wrote:i spotted this so thought i would take a look and see how easy it is, turns out it's extremely easy, so ive now included this in the latest version of my downloader Wink

i will look into generic newznab support in a later version, it shouldnt be too hard, assuming that the values for things like the categories are static and cannot be changed.

Thanks binhex, I'll have a look and incomporate it in a next version of Crazy Beaver

DDM123 Wrote:Almost got this working on Ubuntu (I'm bored) but I got this error when trying to enter the config panel:

File "CrazyBeaver.py", line 398, in OnConfig
self.conteneur.etiquette.SetLabel("no")
AttributeError: 'MainWindow' object has no attribute 'conteneur'

I realize this is Windows only for now, but it seems that Linux support is not that far off. All I did was enter unix-style paths in config.ini (i.e. /tmp) and changed the config = ConfigObj to "./config.ini" and execfile("./config.ini") and I installed python-wxtools and python-mechanize.

Hope this helps somehow.

Yes , sorry , it's solved now, new release of the source code and binaries will be available this evening. In fact Config via the GUI is still no implemented (that menu was just a test)
Noted for the ini issue with Linux. It's cool if it's only that as I can probably implement a comptible version Windows/Linux, keep you posted

So guys a beta version will be release normally tonight. I've already a tester that helped me a lot and there not much things to change in order to release a 'working' version.
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Version 0.04a of the source code and the Windows Binaries has been released correcting 3 issues
- Added Linux Support
- Disabled the config menu to avoid the error when clicking on it (that feature is not yet implemented)
- Bad variable by default in the default config.ini file
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Thanks very much for the first releases Smile I think it is working well and encourage everyone who is interested to try it and leave their feedback.
Code:
⚡ python CrazyBeaver.py
  File "CrazyBeaver.py", line 12, in <module>
    from configobj import ConfigObj
ImportError: No module named configobj
Alshain,

When did that error come up? Eg. Was it at startup or had you just clicked one of the buttons/menus?
Immediately when I start it.
Edit: I assume from Gotcha007's reply below you're running Linux. Hope that module sorts it out for you Smile
alshain Wrote:
Code:
⚡ python CrazyBeaver.py
  File "CrazyBeaver.py", line 12, in <module>
    from configobj import ConfigObj
ImportError: No module named configobj

You have probably to install configObj module
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html

I'll update the project page on Google as a requirement if you want to compile it
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Just to advise you that you can find a TODO list for request and issues here : http://code.google.com/p/crazy-beaver/issues/list
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
No, I don't want to compile it, I want to run it on linux.
You also need to add mechanize to the dependencies. Just add them to the setup.py

I have added my nzbmatrix account details. Why do I have to enter my password? I'd rather have it use my API key. I don't trust a software that wants my password when it could use the API key instead.

When I click on "Check for new movies" it's just idling there and doing nothing. Also, the window does not play well with resizing.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Crazy Beaver - Nzb's made easy / An auto movie download program2