Scripts for scheduling, recording and playing TV
Hi,
I've been browsing for a while now, trying to figure out how to get xbmc to talk to a tv tuner card for scheduling and playback. I haven't got a tv tuner card, so I've been researching my options. From what I can gather, these are my options:

SageTV : Has a frontend script. Hasnt been updated in a while. Not too sure if it's still working.

MythTV : Linux, so not an option for me.

MyTheatre: Satellite based.

MyTV: This is the one I'm really interested in. Throughout the 40 something page thread, it mentions scheduling and controlling of hauppage tv cards. Unfortunately, there is no clear documentation on what it can and can't do. From the readme, it seems you can set-up a nebula or hauppage card, and schedule it for recording.

Basically, I'm after a way of scheduling and playing back OTA digital tv (in australia), on a windows pc. I'd like to have an attractive and functional script.

Can anyone recommend the best script for this? Are there any sites with more information (and possibly screenshots) of MyTV? Or other alternatives? About the only info I can seem to find on MyTV is in the development thread.
Hi - you didnt metion if you already had a TV Card. I Use the nebula digitv card - and i beleive that it can be used in AZ for digital..

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/

and

http://www.digitv-forum.co.uk/

I personally use the mytv script and will be happy to post some screens this PM when at home, its a very easy front end with a range of TV guide info sources and the developer is constantly adding and refining whats there. If you need help or a TV data source - its usually added... (a new version should be out soon which adds more features and stuff like mc360 skin..)
---
JJ
Yeah, I dont have a TV card yet. I was looking at MyTV. Unfortunately the Nebula cards are a bit out of my price range here in Aus, considering I probably wont use it that often. Then again, so are the Hauppage's so I guess I might have to cough up. But I've had a look at webcheduler, which apparently has a good script for it and is compatible with a lot of cheaper cards. Are the hauppage and nebula cards the only one's supported by MyTV?

Thanks for your help.
"Unfortunately, there is no clear documentation on what it can and can't do" -pfft - the cheek of it!

SUPPORTED TV CARDS
==================
Hauppauge
Nebula
myTheater
Dreambox
WebScheduler

DATASOURCES
===========
AusRSS
AusTv
Bleb
Brazil
Danish
France
Ireland
MIGUIATy
Nettavisen
Nova
PC
RadioTimes
Skynet
Telkku
TSReader
TVGids
TVGUIA
TVnu
TVNZ
wppl
Yahoo
Zap2it

It presents these lists on first run, so its pretty clear what it can and cant do.
In my experience the Nebula is the best card (as myTV can query existing schedules fro its web interface), but the Hauppauge range comes a close 2nd.

Your point about the 40page thread is noted thou. I think I'll start a new thread specifically for each new version, so problems etc can be kept to the relevant version. Then maybe a new general/suggestions thread ?
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:"Unfortunately, there is no clear documentation on what it can and can't do" -pfft - the cheek of it!

It presents these lists on first run, so its pretty clear what it can and cant do.
Yeah, sorry. I haven't ran it yet. I've just been looking through the thread and the readme.
BigBellyBilly Wrote:In my experience the Nebula is the best card (as myTV can query existing schedules fro its web interface), but the Hauppauge range comes a close 2nd.

Does this mean that you can't see scheduled recordings from xbmc with a hauppage?
It means that with the Nebula , myTV can pull the actual list of scheduales from the card - as schedules may have been set outside of myTV (on the PC). this way myTV always has an acurate upto date view of schedules.

With the others it sets schedules and keeps its own list. If you set some externally, it wont know about them.

You pays ya money ....
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scripts for scheduling, recording and playing TV0