Idea for a new bit-torrent related script
http://www.geocities.com/bogorman/mytv.zip

its literally the same file....just there was a premature return in for testing the abc stuff which should have been removed. so abc connection and automatically downloading will not have worked for anyone! no chagnes other than that...
@flash: is there ever going to be an integrated downloader? that would be nice: a complete package for everything Smile.

jochem
im using abc 2.6.9 yet another bit torrent app

what settings do i put in the mytv user settings? and abc?

my pc ip is 192.168.0.1

and xbox 192.168.0.2

helppppp!!!!
integrated into what!! well i am working on a frontend that would be able to configure the autodownloader if thats what you mean.
ok start abc. go tools->web interface service
here you will have to set a port and unique key. i chose 8888 for the port and "xbox" without the quotes for the unique key. then press the start service button and thats it. set those settings in your script and put the ip as that of your pc and there you go. remove the torrents.txt file in the scripts directory if you have run it before as we want to run cleanly again and if your config matchs and shows you should see them automatically start downloading in your abc client
into mytv, from what i understand (correct me if i'm wrong) it downloads the .torrent to the xbox, to a ftp site or to an abc client. what i ment is that it would be cool if you actually start downloading the contents of the torrent (or whatever you call them, i'm not very familiar with bit torrent, yet) with your xbox as client. this way i don't need my pc to be on to download the latest episodes of my fav tv series, for example.

jochem
hmmm that what i did... i started again and still nothing? could it be firewall?
i suppose it could be. you could choose a port on your machine that you know be accessible and try again. also if you look at the debug screen there might be some information. it might say something about connecting to the abc client. you have it set to mode_abc i'll assume. you could also try to set it to download them to a local directory just to test that everything else is working ok.
(xbl @ jan. 24 2005,17:15 Wrote:into mytv, from what i understand (correct me if i'm wrong) it downloads the .torrent to the xbox, to a ftp site or to an abc client. what i ment is that it would be cool if you actually start downloading the contents of the torrent (or whatever you call them, i'm not very familiar with bit torrent, yet) with your xbox as client. this way i don't need my pc to be on to download the latest episodes of my fav tv series, for example.

jochem
i might have it spawn the torrent download automatically on the xbox eventually. i am not sure how to do this as i have not used the torrent script but i'll look into it and see what i can do
thanks anyway flash! i tried and tried then tried some more but i cannot get the abc mode working at all... it creates the torrent.txt but then how nothing on the abc client on the pc. port 8888 on both script and abc client keywork xbox on both tried loop back and auto ip on abc client. tried opening xp port for 8888 specifically and still zilch!
@deanrparry: have you tried accessing abc's web interface from another computer on your network? you should get a message like this:

Quote:feedback
error=you need unique id to command abc!

@flash:

thanks a million man, one small (not critical) problem though. if i put it to start in autoexec.py right after startupmp3\\mp3.py, it will freeze up my system on startup. any ideas?

can't wait for the gui portion, keep up the good work

edit:

ok, so i know it's far too early to start making feature requests, but here goes anyways...

would it be possible to use the abc web interface and query it to see when the episodes are finished. once that is done, could it move it to a different directory (either local or remote)?

since i'm trying to learn python scripts for xbmc, i may look into this on my own (hope you don't mind)

again, thanks a million for this great script.
so i've added a status check to see when it's downloaded, then make sure it's one that we set to download Smile and i know how to remove it from the list, but i'm wondering about copying it.

can i specify a smb directory just by using "smb://path/to/share" or will i need a specifec lib to work with samba?

also, is there any other features people would like?
i too have already done a similar script to this already. abc monitor i call it. you can see which ones are completed or not. i use xns as my smb share is not working correctly to then play from that location. copying the file should be straightforward like the way you said. the final gui interface will probally have something like that built into it.
if you've already done it then by all means, use yours. on the topic of whether or not it will play, are you removing it from abc before you try to play it? the only reason i ask is that abc defaults to locking the file by default so no other process can access the file. keep up the good work.
well i only try and play completed files but that does not seem to be an issue for me. once its completed then i see no problem 2 applications having the same file open for reading but it is different if one is also writing to it. its not been a problem for me so far anyway. maybe it was not seeding so abc was not using it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea for a new bit-torrent related script0