Idea for a new bit-torrent related script
my idea is this:  

a torrent browser that browses/searches a page like http://www.bi-torrent.com/ for multimedia content,
but when a torrent is chosen, instead of downloading it to the xbox, it sends the url of the torrent file to a computer on your lan that in turn downloads the file locally.  

you could then connect to this server through a samba share to watch the videos that are downloaded.  

an additional feature to implement could be a status monitor that allows you to
view the progress of your torrents from the xbox.

hi.
not quiet what i am doing but close enough. http://www.btefnet.com. i have written an autodownloader script for this. if a tv show is added that matchs one of yours it will tell an abc client on your computer to download it. i have also written a script that will monitor the abc client and you when the show is finshed you can view the file by selecting the file in the script and will play. mine uses xns but should work with smb too. its not ready yet but in a few days should be
the autodownloader is run from the autoexec script and checks the rss feed at a configurable interval.
people interested! is anyone else doing something similar.
i am very interested! if i can hook it up with btefnet.net, can configure a show and path it would be so great. this would be my my tv section!

i'm a bit suprised there isn't more support for this.
where can i find the script ?
well i just wrote it yesterday so not out yet....when i do i will post a link in this section.
i keep in touch !
good luck !
(flash @ jan. 18 2005,13:42 Wrote:hi.
not quiet what i am doing but close enough. http://www.btefnet.com. i have written an autodownloader script for this. if a tv show is added that matchs one of yours it will tell an abc client on your computer to download it. i have also written a script that will monitor the abc client and you when the show is finshed you can view the file by selecting the file in the script and will play. mine uses xns but should work with smb too. its not ready yet but in a few days should be
this sounds like another great script from flash
heh flash thanks for the heads up.
i was thinking about doing a btefnet script based on the suprnova script. looks like you are going to save me the trouble.

-ast
hey. i think i am going to delay my release by a week or so. i'm going to try and make it a lot better. basically what i want to do is make it like some pvr software even though i've never used any!! for the btefnet i want to link the shows to tvtome and give it a nice clean look...at the moment its not! i think its worth the effort..is anybody else working on something similar...or on a tvtome script..if so let me know and we can join forces...i'll try and make it generic enough as i want to be able to add uk sites to it with ease also.
@flash

will the the autodownloader be able download the .torrent files to the xbox, like for example the 10 newest torrents. i usually use the bit-torrent python script to download stuff from btefnet by downloading the torrents throught linksbok and saving them on my xbox hd and then opening them with the bit-torrent python script. would be cool if i didnt have to use linksbok at all. i look forward to whatever u do and im sure it will be great. and hopefully you can add a uk site thats just as popular as btefnet!
hi. at the moment it just passes it to the abc on the computer. i have not used the torrent on the xbox. if you want i can make an option for it to download the torrent file to a local folder. that is no biggie
how about saving the torrent to a directory on a pc share?  that way users of azureus can use it as well by setting it to autostart torrents form a particular directory.

either way, i'm looking forward to this script - you take your time and get it groovy  :thumbsup:
how would you like it to be saved to that directory...ftp is it...or just copy the file to a samba share!! i can write the code for it but cannot test as samba does not work between my pc and xbox. there is also a web interface for azaereus i think. i may actually release the autodownloader today as that is done. the rest is going to be a gui around it...so keep an eye later in the day for the autodownoader...
well if its no trouble to save the torrents on the xbox it would be much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea for a new bit-torrent related script0