OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
Hi,

I have been playing with xbmc-pvr for the last few days but cannot get the stream to work in XBMC on ubuntu

I have MediaPortal TV server running on a Vista PC with the XBMC add on,
I have downloaded the latest xbmc-pvr build

I have configured my IP address, and just to be sure turned off the firewall on the Vista PC. When I start XBMC the EPG is downloaded, I then pick a channel to view and after about 10 seconds get "Channel can not be displayed"

I have pulled the stream URL on my Vista PC and running mplayer rtsp://<VISTA IP>/stream2.0 at a command line on the Ubuntu laptop opens mplayer and streams with no problems

The xbmc.log has the following error lines
ERROR: Open - error reading from input stream, pvr://channels/tv/all/4.pvr
ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

Any thoughts?
what branch/revision are you using?
could you pastebin the full log?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
version is

XBMC 10.0 rDharma+pvr+odk48 (Compiled : Dec18 2010)

ubuntu is at 10.10

What is the best way to attach the log to this thread ?
use a pastebin.
Ok

Log file at http://pastebin.com/eCFrk0UH

I have removed the EPG lines from this
that log isn't very helpful.
the error occurs in "OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer", but what the actual problem is isn't said in the log.

don't have mediaportal myself so can't help you with that.

one remark: always send the _full_ log, don't cut in it please.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hi,

I dont appear to be able to get any more logging out (or anything which adds any more),

Can anyone explain how the rtsp stream from the URL is mapped to the pvr://channels MRL, and if this should be using a Linux device for this e.g dev/video0

I tried to use vlc as an external player, but it complains because dev/video0 does not exist and fails to get anything from the pvr:// MRL
sorry that my previous post wasn't clear. there isn't any more logging, but the messages that are logged just aren't that helpful, so I can't really see what's wrong, except that it doesn't receive any data.

about the second part of your post: won't work because it's not just mapped.

some mptv dev (do we have any?) could help you perhaps.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

As dushmaniac already said, the log does not contain much information for us to determine the exact problem.
I can only guess at the moment.

The Linux version of the MediaPortal pvr client uses XBMC's ffmpeg library to playback the rtsp streams from MediaPortal. The pvr client only passes the rtsp-url from the TV Server to XBMC. The problem lies within the XBMC or ffmpeg code itself. I've reverted some XBMC-specific changes to ffmpeg that actually broke the rtsp playback for MediaPortal in my Windows builds. My guess is here that it goes wrong within ffmpeg.

Could you try to playback the rtsp stream directly in XBMC? E.g. create a playlist file with the rtsp url as contents and play it using XBMC. You will have to start the timeshifting manually at the TV Server side (or using a telnet session to the TVServerXBMC plugin, see its readme.txt).

I must admit that I haven't tested my MediaPortal pvr client under Linux for a while... I will try to reproduce it here under Linux and see if I can find the problem.

@dushmaniac: I'm the author/developer of the MPTV pvr client.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi,

I have just created the play list as suggested, and manual playback works, both sound and video are OK. using the default DVDPlayer
Hi

I've also tried to play the stream through the play list and that works using default dvd player, but playing it using the Live TV doesn't. I have latest XBMC PVR from http://www.loggn.de/ubuntu-xbmc-10-0-dha...epository/ and MediaPortal 1.1.0.0 with the latest MediaPortalXBMC tv server plugin that comes with the package from here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html On windows machine the TV works from xbmc but from linux only with the use of playlist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since most of my computers run Ubuntu from 9.10 -10.10.

[UPDATE]
I have updated MediaPortal to 1.1.2.0 and the streaming is still not working. In windows only the one that doesn't use TSReader works so I think it shoul also work in linux. But also in windows the video is stuttering. While using MediaPortal directly the video work perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer0