• 5(current)
[AppleTV2]HOWTO Enable BT Keyboard support
I had my apple wireless keyboard working.......I tried to pair it today and it just hangs on the pairing screen....I enter 0000 and it just sits there.....i updated the software from nito and also from terminal......still no luck......any options would be great! I even ant as far as a clean restore from apple.....rejIlbreak with GP 6.1 and a reinstall of the GP inject software......
applesinafton Wrote:I had my apple wireless keyboard working.......I tried to pair it today and it just hangs on the pairing screen....I enter 0000 and it just sits there.....i updated the software from nito and also from terminal......still no luck......any options would be great! I even ant as far as a clean restore from apple.....rejIlbreak with GP 6.1 and a reinstall of the GP inject software......

I had the same problem with my Apple keyboard.
I ran `apt-get remove .....btstack.... --purge`.

The --purge option removes every conf file that has been involved with btstack.

Then I installed it again.
The new pairing didnt bring up the pairing screen, but i just hitted 0000 and enter a couple of times and then it got connected.
Not sure if my hp foldable bt keyboard is supported as I can see it in the custom settings and the atv2 finds it address and say it's type is generic but that is as far as I can get with it.

I have never seen a paring screen and no matter what I press the paring is not showing.

Any ideas

Many thanks
Dave
Hello

my original apple bt keyboard works really fine. But it has a german keyboard layout. the bt stack recognizes only an english layout. so the charakter "z" and "y" are changed.
is there a chance to change for foreign keyboard layouts?
Hello i have a problem, i get the installation perfectly but when i´m going to pair the kayboard, the ATV reebot so i cant pair it.
any ideas?
thanks
please help!!
i bought the apple keyboard just for this
Have you tried to reproduce exactly the steps in my post #42?
uncola Wrote:this worked perfectly for me using this keyboard
http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=45

I have the RF version of this and have been very happy with it but the commentary on Amazon seems to indicate very poor range with the BT version.

At what distance are you using your keyboard?

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere or is beyond an XBMC problem, but I have an Apple BT keyboard and it's not staying connected.

I'm able to pair it using the instructions at the beginning of this thread, but if I leave the keyboard alone for a while it goes to sleep and disconnects automatically. Is there a way to keep it connected (or able to connect automatically from the sleep mode)?

Any suggestions welcome, thank you.
I got a bluetooth keyboard and connected it just fine

Its this keyboard which some other users have also posted about:
(http://www.focalprice.com/IPA99B/Mini_Co...Black.html)

Just wondering if you are able to connect a bluetooth mouse as well. They keyboard does has dirrection keys but have to be accessed by pressing function and enter. I have been using combination of keyboard and apple remote for navigating/typing.
Just my 2 cents:

Is it possible to use the Harmony and the bluetooth add-on (for ps3) so that it could send "keyboard" presses through bluetooth, that way all the functionality would be covered, wouldnt it?
vtwin0001 Wrote:Just my 2 cents:

Is it possible to use the Harmony and the bluetooth add-on (for ps3) so that it could send "keyboard" presses through bluetooth, that way all the functionality would be covered, wouldnt it?

First off, you wouldn't be able to plug the device into the Apple TV.
vtwin0001 Wrote:Just my 2 cents:

As the ATV2's USB port is not a host port it would never work.

There is an onboard 30pin dock connector but as far as i know no one has tested it yet to find out if all traces are connected, if they are and you had the necessary soldering skills you may be able to make it happen.
bircoe Wrote:There is an onboard 30pin dock connector but as far as i know no one has tested it yet to find out if all traces are connected, if they are and you had the necessary soldering skills you may be able to make it happen.

I have, it's a dead end.
Damn. Maybe the USB can be switched between Host and User? Who knows if Apple included that functionality. Oh well
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2]HOWTO Enable BT Keyboard support0