• 6(current)
[AppleTV2]HOWTO Enable BT Keyboard support
No it's a diagnostics port... it's there to revive the device if an over the air update fails and leaves the device in a "bricked" state.
But.. if u send keyboard presses through the bluetooth, wouldnt it work??
Ummm yes, if your sending keypresses via bluetooth your doing exactly what a bluetooth keyboard does... however I'm assuming your referring to the PS3 remote... it doesn't send normal keyboard keypresses.
Aaah! Thank you so much for clarifying me that! I thought it could be possible ...

Cheers! Smile
Is there any way to unpair it? I mostly used the keyboard for the set-up, and I don't need it paired anymore. A few people have have tried to uninstall BTstack, but that doesn't seem to fix anything. The other alternative people have used is pairing it to another device, but then both devices are always competing for the keyboard.
Hi

I have done till step 4 successfully but I can't find "custom Menu" in the Front Row's setting tab. I can see only 4 tabs under setting 1. Name,SW version source etc... but I don't see Custom Setting. I will appreciate if you can help me to pair my remote with my apple tv 2g (ios 4.1.1 and JB with GP). I can pair same keyboard with my macbook and windows computer.

Thanks.
keep going down, it's offscreen
I have the FocalPrice Mini BT keyboard which stopped working with the latest BT stack upgrade ... same as mentioned earlier permanent hang on pairing screen

ran the following then re-installed BT stack through NiTo GUI and viola!
back in business!
Thank you everyone who has contributed to this project.

apt-get --purge remove ch.ringwald.keyboard-atv

apt-get autoremove
Well since nobody will answer my question, can you at least put a warning on the front page of the thread that you won't be able to unpair the device and, effectively, you won't be able to use the keyboard with anything else in the same area?
Harisn Wrote:Well since nobody will answer my question, can you at least put a warning on the front page of the thread that you won't be able to unpair the device and, effectively, you won't be able to use the keyboard with anything else in the same area?

On my Think Outside folding bluetooth keyboard (newer version without dedicated number row) when I repair the keyboard it no longer makes any attempt to connect to the ATV2 and I have no issues with it being in the same room.

Matthias has mentioned in the past about having a CLI tool for the ATV2 settings and eventually making a GUI settings screen somewhere. I would try e-mailing him (http://keyboard.ringwald.ch/Contact.html) and see if there's a command you can just enter via SSH to unpair if you are still having problems. There most likely is such a command, but it just hasn't been properly documented.

You can also probably reset the BT keyboard to some kind of factory reset, in case it's just remembering multiple past pairings. What model of keyboard are you using?
I am using the Apple Wireless Keyboard. According to their site, the only way to put it into discoverable mode so I can pair to other things is to unpair from the previous device or to pair at over 33 feet away (see: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1809 )
All of the people I've read online who have done this end up having the computer and Apple TV fighting for the keyboard's input
I have e-mailed Matthias though. Thanks!
Harisn Wrote:I am using the Apple Wireless Keyboard. According to their site, the only way to put it into discoverable mode so I can pair to other things is to unpair from the previous device or to pair at over 33 feet away (see: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1809 )
All of the people I've read online who have done this end up having the computer and Apple TV fighting for the keyboard's input
I have e-mailed Matthias though. Thanks!

I also have an Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard. I can force mine to go into pairing mode by turning it off and then holding the power button until the light is blinking.
nightmare28 Wrote:Hello

my original apple bt keyboard works really fine. But it has a german keyboard layout. the bt stack recognizes only an english layout. so the charakter "z" and "y" are changed.
is there a chance to change for foreign keyboard layouts?
i have the same question
going crazy ssh-ing for something related: is not possible at this moment?
Hi guys,
this was asked before but couldn't find an answer: How is it possible to change the character set of my keyboard from english to german keyboard?

Any idea.

Thanks for answering
Pete
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2]HOWTO Enable BT Keyboard support0