XBMC 10 video playback problem (could no play selected file) [debug log posted]
Hello all!

I was introduced to xbmc a couple of months ago. I´m not a pro but im not a 100% newbie.

I was using XBMC 9.11 for a while and decided to update to xbmc 10 this week.

I configured everything just the same as I did with xbmc 9 but i had problemas playing some video files.

When i selected the movie id like to see a "working..." box would appear and after a couple of seconds i´d receive a message "could not play selected file".

After some unsuccessful attempts to solve this problem i decided to reinstall xbmc 9.11 and the same file played perfectly, with no "working..." or whatsoever.

Any ideas of what could be the problem? does XBMC 10 comes with the same ammount of codecs than xbmc 9? (the file size is smaller) I´d really like to use version 10, but guess ill stick with 9 and wait for some answer/update

Thank you all!
My specs are:

WIN 7 64bit
Asus rampage formula
SoundMAX AD1988B Audio Driver V6.10.2.6585 for 64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)
geforce gtx280 (driver version 260.99)

And here are the logs when i try to open the same file on XBMC 9 and 10

http://pastebin.com/UBfj3esZ
The ffmpeg code that XBMC uses changed between v9.11 and Dharma. We don't write the code ourselves, we use the code maintained by the ffmpeg team. Presumably whatever changes have been made are preventing XBMC from playing the file.

You could try copying Z:\Filmes\popopo\popopo.mkv to the hard disk and playing it from there, just in case it's some odd network error.

Are all videos affected, or just some videos? If it's only some videos you could use ffprobe.exe (from the ffmpeg web site somewhere) to see if there's any difference between videos that play and ones that don't.

JR
Hi jhsRennie, thanks for your help.

I found the problem. I think it may be a bug - heres a step by step of what happened:

- I removed xbmc 10, together with all user info.

- I reinstalled it, and the files that were unplayable played perfectly, with no waiting time or whatsoever.

- I updated my library info via auto-scan through moviedb.org.

- Files became unplayable.

- Reading log, ive noticed that xbmc couldn´t find a codec for one of my video files that were updated.(ill call it "bugged_video" for future references) That file wasn´t the one i was trying to play.

- No matter what video file I tried to play, the log kept telling me that xbmc couldn´t find the codec for bugged_video file and it simply refuse to play the other video i ordered it to.

- I removed the bugged_video from library

- Other video files became playable again.

Now my XBMC is running perfectly. The thing is that only 1 bugged video file messed up with the whole video library. Im a complete noob at programming so i dont know if this info can help you improve XBMC for future versions.

XBMC ROCKS!

Thanks =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10 video playback problem (could no play selected file) [debug log posted]0