Getting repeated socket timeout errors
When using the remote app I often get a socket timeout error. Most often when I am viewing the movie list or selecting a movie from it. There's hardly no problem when I am using the app as a remote control, sometimes I get a socket timeout error, but it is much more seldom.
Could this be that my phone loses the connection to my computer? If so, should I try another port?

I'm running XBMC 10.0
My phone is a HTC Desire with stock the HTC Android 2.2 ROM
The port I use to connect with is 8080
I'm connecting via my Wi-Fi LAN
After some experimenting the connection seems to be more stable.
The thing I changed was to put the IP address to my router in the "Access Point" field on the app.
But I'm still getting some random losses in connection, and I can't discern any pattern in when they happen, only that is is when I'm browsing the movie list on my phone.
What size is your lib (number of movies, number of albums)?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
The movie library is rather large, about 650 movies. I don't use XBMC for music I'm not sure of a number there.
No ideas?
The remote works fine, except for this rather annoying issue :/
Just to add some more possible useful information. I also have problem reconnecting directly. I have to close both XBMC and the app and wait a couple of minutes, or restart the phone and computer before it works again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting repeated socket timeout errors0