How-To autostart XBMC webserver for remote by Android app
Question 
Hello,
my english can be not precise so I am sorry in begginning. Smile
I'm using XBMC Remote for Android on my phone to remote control. It's working great without one thing.
In this app is a button named "Turn your XBMC's Power On" but I don't know how to run XBMC with this function.
Every time I want to use XBMC and then remote controlling by phone I have to run it before by clicking by mouse on computer.
I would prefer remote running XBMC by phone without going to computer every time.
I want to run, remote control and close XBMC sitting on sofa using my phone. What should I do?
Is a possibility to make a XBMC webserver an autorun application or service in Windows?

Best regards
I have been looking for the answer for this to.

I would like to start XBMC from my phone using the app but it doesn't work. I have to start XBMC on my PC first then I can use the app. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
arbgor Wrote:Hello,
my english can be not precise so I am sorry in begginning. Smile
I'm using XBMC Remote for Android on my phone to remote control. It's working great without one thing.
In this app is a button named "Turn your XBMC's Power On" but I don't know how to run XBMC with this function.
Every time I want to use XBMC and then remote controlling by phone I have to run it before by clicking by mouse on computer.
I would prefer remote running XBMC by phone without going to computer every time.
I want to run, remote control and close XBMC sitting on sofa using my phone. What should I do?
Is a possibility to make a XBMC webserver an autorun application or service in Windows?

Best regards

i think that, for this, the webserver must be running as a windows/linux service always, but me neither have found how to do that :-s

I hope some admin from this forum reads this, and write an answer to us...
First of all:
The XBMC-Webserver only runs inside XBMC, there is no possibility to run it as a service or without XBMC actually running.

Also - I think you understand the power-button wrong:
The button is there to actually power on your XBMC, meaning the hardware the XBMC is running on. It will send a Magic-Packet (a.k.a. Wake-On-Lan-Packet) to your network. If you have WOL enabled, the machine will power itself on.
If you want to make use of this function to actually start your XBMC, you can use my litte app (Windows only!):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101040

Please make sure that you read the entire post, it explains how to setup everything properly. You then can start the XBMC via your android-remote.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How-To autostart XBMC webserver for remote by Android app0