[All] Image Sync and Storage
Attempted to setup the database and use symlinks.. doesnt work and is slow as dirt..
Try rsync. The thumbs are local so there is no speed decrease..

chears
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:Try rsync. The thumbs are local so there is no speed decrease..

chears

The problem is the MYSQL database... for some reason it takes about 10-20 seconds to get all the information for each library action i try...
All the guides to using MySQL seem to miss one important step - without which you will see serious performance degradation...solution is here:

http://xbmcstuff.bossanova808.net/2010/1...tiple.html

Using MySQL with a thumbnails folder on a server that is mounted a local folder ont he clients and I can't pick the difference between my system using the internal SSD or the network share...so once you have it right, it's a solve and quick as need be...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
bossanova808 Wrote:All the guides to using MySQL seem to miss one important step - without which you will see serious performance degradation...solution is here:

http://xbmcstuff.bossanova808.net/2010/1...tiple.html

Using MySQL with a thumbnails folder on a server that is mounted a local folder ont he clients and I can't pick the difference between my system using the internal SSD or the network share...so once you have it right, it's a solve and quick as need be...

Awesome.. but wondering if i should run this on my Windows Server.. or if it might be better to run this on my Revo... any recommendations on where the Database should be located?
Numus Wrote:Awesome.. but wondering if i should run this on my Windows Server.. or if it might be better to run this on my Revo... any recommendations on where the Database should be located?

The database should be on a centralized server, in your case, WHS. Mine is on WHS and I see zero speed degradation.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Philmatic Wrote:The database should be on a centralized server, in your case, WHS. Mine is on WHS and I see zero speed degradation.

Still can't get Symlinks to work properly.. Going to scrap attempting this project until an integrated sync is added
I had symlinks working on my WHS box ... what exactly isn't working for you with them?

Here is a better step-by-step guide on creating symlinks:

http://www.contentwhores.com/wordpress/?page_id=412

I had this working, but decided I would be better off with a localized copy of all the thumbnails on each machine running XBMC so I setup dropbox. Here's to hoping that this is added to the MySQL functionality sooner rather than later though!

Ogi
Ogi010 Wrote:I had symlinks working on my WHS box ... what exactly isn't working for you with them?

Here is a better step-by-step guide on creating symlinks:

http://www.contentwhores.com/wordpress/?page_id=412

I had this working, but decided I would be better off with a localized copy of all the thumbnails on each machine running XBMC so I setup dropbox. Here's to hoping that this is added to the MySQL functionality sooner rather than later though!

Ogi
I am wondering if the user account information on my primary windows 7 server is hindering symlinks... I would like to setup the dropbox style sync but i am still hesitant relying on an external site to manage this. Really wish this was being considered to be a feature in XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[All] Image Sync and Storage0