[All] Image Sync and Storage
There has to be a way to sync the thumbnails without relying on an external website...
There is a working addon that sets the library update to a frequency. Is there a way to modify that to have it download all image files from local network folders and sync them up at a specified time?
I use ember media manager and it stores all tbn files in the same folder as the movie... I want to try the MYSQL database sync but dont want to have to rely on an external software/website to sync the thumbnails... seems like it should be easy to do over smb...
+1 for this request, dropbox is a band aid solution.

Ogi
Not quite sure what you want to do but the addon to set the library to update at specific intervals will work with local artwork and nfo's it just performs a library update
>>X<<' Wrote:Not quite sure what you want to do but the addon to set the library to update at specific intervals will work with local artwork and nfo's it just performs a library update

Don't want it to touch the library or info.. only the artwork.. this is specifically for hte MYSQL centralized database...
I use rsync as a cron job from my server. It syncs my thumbs on all my htpc's every hour. It uses ssh so linux only i'm afraid.(correct me if i'm wrong)

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:I use rsync as a cron job from my server. It syncs my thumbs on all my htpc's every hour. It uses ssh so linux only i'm afraid.(correct me if i'm wrong)

cheers

XBMC should be capable of doing this without anything additional... To my knowledge the clean db option checks database entries vs physical location and determines if the file still exists.. why cant we do the same thing, but database entires vs thumbnails on xbmc and if it isnt found, it goes back to the source and attempts to determine if it exists.. if it does it downloads it..
harryzimm Wrote:I use rsync as a cron job from my server. It syncs my thumbs on all my htpc's every hour. It uses ssh so linux only i'm afraid.(correct me if i'm wrong)

cheers

cwrsync+ssh works great in windows. I use it to take automated backups from my shared hosting onto my windows machine
aptalca Wrote:cwrsync+ssh works great in windows. I use it to take automated backups from my shared hosting onto my windows machine

Still would rather have it all integrated into xbmc
Just store the files on the server and use symlinks. There's no need for this functionality to be built into XBMC when there are several easy to use solutions integrated into the OS.
YodaEXE Wrote:Just store the files on the server and use symlinks. There's no need for this functionality to be built into XBMC when there are several easy to use solutions integrated into the OS.

I think because having them locally on a SSD for example, significantly improves the navigation experience.

The Dropbox mechanism is basically a rsync that gets activated everythime a file changes inside a specific folder. Since we have no need for files to be uploaded to the internet, maybe knowledgable can find away to implement such a mechanism with tools already available?
XBMC Live: i3 530 / GT210 / 2GB / SSD + 2 x Zotac HD01 / 2GB / SSD
unRAID Pro: 6 x 1TB + 2 x 1.5TB + 2 x 2TB + 2 x 500G over GbE
HP Micro Server: SABnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent, Media Companion, MySQL, MKV Toolnix
maxinc Wrote:I think because having them locally on a SSD for example, significantly improves the navigation experience.

The Dropbox mechanism is basically a rsync that gets activated everythime a file changes inside a specific folder. Since we have no need for files to be uploaded to the internet, maybe knowledgable can find away to implement such a mechanism with tools already available?
Hell it already does it... XBMC is built to search local files and copy them to the device on a library update.. the only problem here is there is no library update that occurs to download these files... If the update process was changed to specifically look for each image file against the database record and then if it isnt found download it would work great...
This even in for consideration?
i use symlinks from my central htpc over a gigabit network and i see zero performance issues with the thumbnails.
feerlessleadr Wrote:i use symlinks from my central htpc over a gigabit network and i see zero performance issues with the thumbnails.

exactly,
below you can find script in batch

Code:
cd\
cd c:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
rmdir Thumbnails /s /q
mklink /D Thumbnails \\ip_address\Thumbnails\
@pause

\\ip_address\Thumbnails\ (I use WD mybookworld for network share)
castortray Wrote:exactly,
below you can find script in batch

Code:
cd\
cd c:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
rmdir Thumbnails /s /q
mklink /D Thumbnails \\ip_address\Thumbnails\
@pause

\\ip_address\Thumbnails\ (I use WD mybookworld for network share)
This isn't advised if you use VPN's and/or a UPNP streamer... The suggestions still stands to allow the thumbnails to be kept native and scraped and synced from an internal source directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[All] Image Sync and Storage0