Can not find favourites.xml
Hi

Ive just installed OpenElectv on my Asrock330, and of course TransparencySmile Now when Im going to enable the custom buttons, I get the error "can not find favourites.xml". I can see my saved favourites in the "favourites" menu, and if I browse thrue the file manager, I find it in the profile directory. Ive tried both versions of transparency, SVN and stabile, and both with the same error.

Could you please take a look at my debug log and see if you can identify what causes this?

I dont know if this is the log you need ( Ive never posted debuglogs from xbmclive before, and this is uploaded with the xbmc Debug Log addonSmile

Thank you.

http://pastebin.com/j7RFuyKs
joeranjensen Wrote:Hi

Ive just installed OpenElectv on my Asrock330, and of course TransparencySmile Now when Im going to enable the custom buttons, I get the error "can not find favourites.xml". I can see my saved favourites in the "favourites" menu, and if I browse thrue the file manager, I find it in the profile directory. Ive tried both versions of transparency, SVN and stabile, and both with the same error.

I know this isn't a transparency issue, this has to do with the distro you are using which is OpenElectv, which is a linux distribution. Don't they have forums over there? ok let me help you the best I know .. go into your home directory and there should be an .xbmc directory there.

go to a terminal and type cd ~/.xbmc/userdata
and the ls to list the directory and it should be there.

Im no an OpenElecTV user but I am using XBMC & MythTv on linux.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

wilson.joe Wrote:I know this isn't a transparency issue, this has to do with the distro you are using which is OpenElectv, which is a linux distribution. Don't they have forums over there? ok let me help you the best I know .. go into your home directory and there should be an .xbmc directory there.

go to a terminal and type cd ~/.xbmc/userdata
and the ls to list the directory and it should be there.

Im no an OpenElecTV user but I am using XBMC & MythTv on linux.

Thanx for your replySmile

I have no idea how I do this, dont even know how I goes to a terminalHuh I have noe experience with linux at all, so I was hoping openelectv should be working 100% out of the box. Probably way to optimisticSmile

What do you think about openelectv vs xbmclive? Is there any reason to not leave openelectv and go for xbmclive instead?
looks like an issue with the favourites script.
there are no errors in your Debug Log and if xbmc can find your favourites file
in special://profile/ (a shortcut to /storage/.xbmc/userdata at your end)
the script should too.

i'll ask someone to have a closer look at this. ;-)

@ Amet: could this be causing issues?
Quote:self.fav_dir = 'special://profile//favourites.xml'
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:looks like an issue with the favourites script.
there are no errors in your Debug Log and if xbmc can find your favourites file
in special://profile/ (a shortcut to /storage/.xbmc/userdata at your end)
the script should too.

i'll ask someone to have a closer look at this. ;-)

@ Amet: could this be causing issues?

I think its cos openelec needs translated paths

Code:
self.fav_dir = 'special://profile//favourites.xml'

should be

Code:
self.fav_dir = xbmc.translatePath( 'special://profile//favourites.xml' )

note: untested by me, not at my computer atm Smile
amet Wrote:I think its cos openelec needs translated paths

Code:
self.fav_dir = 'special://profile//favourites.xml'

should be

Code:

note: untested by me, not at my computer atm Smile

i was refering to the double slash:
special://profile//favourites.xml

shouldn't it be:
special://profile/favourites.xml

although it's not causing issues on my linux machines.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i was refering to the double slash:
special://profile//favourites.xml

shouldn't it be:
special://profile/favourites.xml

although it's not causing issues on my linux machines.

I know that you were talking about "//" Smile I have never seen it being a problem on OSX, and I have used it before.

I would suggest that OP tries changing to:

Code:

or:
Code:
self.fav_dir = xbmc.translatePath( 'special://profile/favourites.xml' )
Smile

almost 100% sure that is the issue
@joeranjensen:
could you try this version of the favourites script:
script.favourites-v1.0.6.zip

use the 'install from zip file' option in the add-on browser to install it.

please let us know if it fixes your issue.
ronie Wrote:@joeranjensen:
could you try this version of the favourites script:
script.favourites-v1.0.6.zip

use the 'install from zip file' option in the add-on browser to install it.

please let us know if it fixes your issue.

Hi

Thank you guys for your interest in sorting out my problem. To be honest I didnt understand much of the posts aboveSmile

Of course I will try your script and let you know the resultSmile
I installed the script, and guess what... its working now!! Now I can make my buttonsSmile

Thanks for your help, realy appreciatedBig Grin
nice one, thx for the confirmation.

@ronie

should I update in official repo or wait for the pull request?

EDIT: pushed 1.0.6 to official repo
One more thing, if you guys dont mind...

If I want to make more than the three premapped coustom main menu buttons I have to edit the Includes_Home.xml file, isnt that true? Ive done it in windows 7 before, but can you please tell me how to edit Includes_Home.xml within openelectv?
joeranjensen Wrote:If I want to make more than the three premapped coustom main menu buttons I have to edit the Includes_Home.xml file, isnt that true?
true
joeranjensen Wrote:Ive done it in windows 7 before, but can you please tell me how to edit Includes_Home.xml within openelectv?
i can't. never used it myself and my understanding is, it's stripped down to the bone so it may lack the tools to do so.

maybe just edit it on your windows machine and transfer it to your openelectv machine?
ronie Wrote:i can't. never used it myself and my understanding is, it's stripped down to the bone so it may lack the tools to do so.

nano or vim should be included, otherwise do it on windoze and ftp it over as ronie said
joeranjensen Wrote:I have no idea how I do this, dont even know how I goes to a terminalHuh I have noe experience with linux at all

amet Wrote:vim should be included

lol ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not find favourites.xml0