Can not find favourites.xml
ronie Wrote:lol ;-)

hehe, bb in a sec.. getting some coffee Smile
amet Wrote:nano or vim should be included, otherwise do it on windoze and ftp it over as ronie said

What do you mean about "nano or vim should be included"? Can I copy the edited file to an usb stick (from my windowsmachine) and transfer it to my htpc using the filemanager within xbmc, or do I have to do it outside xbmc? I dont know the codes in linux to ftp it over:confused2:

I apologize my linux "noobness"Smile
Wink 
Hi

joeranjensen Wrote:One more thing, if you guys dont mind...

If I want to make more than the three premapped coustom main menu buttons I have to edit the Includes_Home.xml file, isnt that true? Ive done it in windows 7 before, but can you please tell me how to edit Includes_Home.xml within openelectv?

you can use edit the file if you login via ssh (putty) (username: root, password: openelec):

Code:
nano /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Includes_Home.xml

after the changes save with <CTRL>+<O> and quit with <CTRL>+<X>
greetings, Stephan

sraue Wrote:Hi

you can use edit the file if you login via ssh (putty) (username: root, password: openelec):

Code:
nano /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Includes_Home.xml

after the changes save with <CTRL>+<O> and quit with <CTRL>+<X>

Thanx. Il make a try and see if I figure it outSmile
joeranjensen Wrote:Thanx. Il make a try and see if I figure it outSmile

This starts to be off topic, but I have more questions

I downloaded putty.exe from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtat...nload.html and installed it on my win7 computer, logged in with user: root and password: openelec, and then typed the code: nano /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Includes_Home.xml.

But then, when I press "ctrl"+"R" (read file), no text is comming up on the screen. I dont know if Ive done anything wrong? I guess I fumbling in the dark here
joeranjensen Wrote:...and then typed the code: nano /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Includes_Home.xml.

But then, when I press "ctrl"+"R" (read file), no text is comming up on the screen. I dont know if Ive done anything wrong? I guess I fumbling in the dark here

hmmm i have installed transparency skin here via the addon browser to be sure i give you the right command...
greetings, Stephan

So I am having the same problem. Confluence cannot find favourites.xml when I try to add custom stuff to the main menu.

That script you posted is no longer on google can you repost it?

I am running atv2 which is a pre 10 so if it got pushed to that, I guess I dont have it. Thanks.
westcoastbias Wrote:So I am having the same problem. Confluence cannot find favourites.xml when I try to add custom stuff to the main menu.
Confluence support is two doors down the hall on your left.
westcoastbias Wrote:That script you posted is no longer on google can you repost it?

it's in the addon repo now, so it should already be installed on your system.
if not, check here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma/sc...avourites/
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:Confluence support is two doors down the hall on your left.

it's in the addon repo now, so it should already be installed on your system.
if not, check here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma/sc...avourites/

@ronie
I tried the script but it still does not work.

When I try to add a favourite, I can put in a title but when I choose select favourite I get an empty screen with an image of a folder.

What am I doing wrong?
joeranjensen Wrote:I installed the script, and guess what... its working now!! Now I can make my buttonsSmile

Thanks for your help, realy appreciatedBig Grin

@joeranjensen
How did you get it to work?

When I select the zipfile in add-on, I don't see anything happening.

When I select favourites, I get an empty screen with a picture off a folder
markilona Wrote:@joeranjensen
How did you get it to work?

When I select the zipfile in add-on, I don't see anything happening.

When I select favourites, I get an empty screen with a picture off a folder

Problem solved. My misstake.

Forgot to add anything to fav. Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not find favourites.xml0