Genre image question, why not .png?
Most skins use .png files for all their display items. This totally makes sense becuse .png supports transparency. Posters and album and fan art use .tbn a rather bizarre choice since these files just seem to be .jpg files with the extension renamed. Every skin I have looked at use .jpg for genre art, not .png or .tbn. It is too many formats for a single app when only one would cover every need of xbmc. So here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I am trying to use custom genre icons. I could just create a bunch of .jpg files but the problem is that .jpg does not support transparency! Is it possible to add some code to Alaska.Revisited to look for either .jpg or .png files, with a preference to .png files?

I would be willing to mass convert all the current .jpg genre images as .png (an easy task in Infranview (free) or any other tool that allows for file conversion.

If this is doable then we can get some more stuff to look cool in the skins, but being stuck with .jpg is very limiting.

If it cannot be done easily or you simply don't want to do it I do understand, but at least I am putting the request out there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genre image question, why not .png?0