1080p stuttering
On my 1080p MKV movies (720p and 480p play fine) there's a slight stutter, happens every couple mins, only lasts for a split second but its noticable. I play the same 1080p files on Windows Media Player and VLC Player and they play perfect on those players. Is there a setting in XBMC that I can use to get rid of the stuttering?
dan350zr Wrote:On my 1080p MKV movies (720p and 480p play fine) there's a slight stutter, happens every couple mins, only lasts for a split second but its noticable. I play the same 1080p files on Windows Media Player and VLC Player and they play perfect on those players. Is there a setting in XBMC that I can use to get rid of the stuttering?

Make sure you have the latest XBMC version, then turn DXVA on in XBMC. It's got to be in Settings - Video somewhere.
Good Luck
I used to get this too. Its seemingly random, but sometimes right when transitioning to a new scene. Anyway, I have a GTX-480 so I thought DXVA2 would be my best option. After playing with the nVidia settings for hours, I finally found that turning DXVA off solved my problem. I have a core i7 930 so it can handle it. Kinda sucks tho. Wish I could use my GTX for what its worth.
I've been compiling a list of things people have done to fix 1080p playback...try following this list from top to bottom, one by one, and see if one of them fixes it.

If not, then grab a debug log and post back here.
Thanks for the suggestions...

What I ended up doing was re-encoding the files using Handbrake and they play perfect now.
dan350zr Wrote:On my 1080p MKV movies (720p and 480p play fine) there's a slight stutter, happens every couple mins, only lasts for a split second but its noticable. I play the same 1080p files on Windows Media Player and VLC Player and they play perfect on those players. Is there a setting in XBMC that I can use to get rid of the stuttering?
I have the same problem and i have tried everything. I have problems with both dvd and mkv files, they don´t play smooth at all even if my system is really overspec.
I really would appreciate if the developers could include option to use external codecs in xbmc, because i think the built in codecs are the problem.
I have tested Media Portal on the same setup and it works really great, no problems at all playing video files. So leaving xbmc for MP is my last option but i will really miss the AEON MQ2 interface Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p stuttering0